+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 164 of 231 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2302

Thread: Ex-Dons

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Jayden Stockley goal gives Charlton Athletic a1-0 HT lead away to Gateshead in the FA Cup. Just chanced across it live on ITV4 (Cooncil+ chXXV).

EDIT: **** me, Chris Waddell, HT summariser, hisna aged well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Random one, anyone on here remember Tom Jones, the boy from nowhere, not the singer, who had the uncanny ability to hit the post and bar more than any player, ever, in the team’s history!? I made up the last bit but that’s how it felt! Seem to recall that he scored, or hit the bar, v Septic at a game I was at in the 80’s. Played on the right as I recall, maybe an attacking midfield player?
    I’m too good to you boys…

http://www.afcheritage.org/Team/Curr...Season=1987-88

Quote Originally Posted by saloonscum View Post
    Nobody could drop their shoulder like Chrissy Waddle. Beautiful footballer. He's never looked young, mind.
    Heresy.

Eoin Jess once dipped his right shoulder on the halfway line, and the entire bewildered Motherwell XI found themselves on Linksfield Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Random one, anyone on here remember Tom Jones, the boy from nowhere, not the singer, who had the uncanny ability to hit the post and bar more than any player, ever, in the team’s history!? I made up the last bit but that’s how it felt! Seem to recall that he scored, or hit the bar, v Septic at a game I was at in the 80’s. Played on the right as I recall, maybe an attacking midfield player?
    Its not unusual to hit the woodwork now and then...
    i'll get ma coat

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Its not unusual to hit the woodwork now and then...
    i'll get ma coat
    He performed better at Pittodrie than in away games. Something about the green green grass of home….

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Thanks, so HE invented the crossbar challenge! I actually thought that he was decent at the time but he didn’t hang around too long.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    He performed better at Pittodrie than in away games. Something about the green green grass of home….
    He only lasted a season - His Mama Told Him Not To Come, so she knew better.

The Septic manager, after Jones pummelled their woodwork, reportedly said he’d have him in an instant, If He Should Ever Leave You.

He was decent but a bit of a *****cat.

When it comes to hitting the post, Jones was a beginner.

Andy Harrow's your man.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    When it comes to hitting the post, Jones was a beginner.

Andy Harrow's your man.
    Don’t think I remember him to be honest … he runs a welding business now it seems. Must have been a Harrowing experience when he kept hitting the post! Taxi …

Did we nae sign Andy Harrow as Archibald's replacement?

Buxton v Morecambe on BBC just now- Morecambe have Greg Leigh Anthony O Conner and Ryan McLaughlin in their back line
    All pish

Page 164 of 231 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast