+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: O/T........ It just never, ever seems to stop

[QUOTE=BigFatPie;38626482]
    Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    My paternal great grandfather was from Cork ,an Irish republican who refused to fight in the " Great War " as I would have done if I was him . Please don't preach to me about the " Black & Tans " who where mainly men who had suffered the horrors of war and in many cases , shell shocked but in no way am I trying to justify what they did . I grew up with people with far less Irish in them than me but would jump on tables in certain pubs and belt out Irish republican songs . I am proud of my heritage but especially proud of my granddad ( who I never met and was in the Durham Light Infantry by the way ) . You accuse people on here of being " keyboard warriors " but there is no bigger example than yourself , people in glass houses and all that ! Anybody who as a different opinion to you is a " tosser " on here . I would also like you to upload a photo so I know who to avoid down the match but something tells you wouldn't be brave enough big fat warrior .[/QUOTE ]

You do know you should only use quotation marks when you're directly quoting what someone has said? I've never used either of those words or phrases on here.

And I find your obsession with finding out what I look like a bit of a concern tbh. I know what you ex army boys are like, you're after either a fight or a shag, maybe both.
    I have no desire to know what you look like , you called me and others on here " keyboard Nazis " , the point I was trying to make is my photo is out there for all to see , yours isn't , I don't hide behind a keyboard like you . " ex army " , I lost count of the times we where late putting out to sea because the skipper was buggering one of the young ratings or the gunnery officer had gone fishing. Do I know when to use quotations , full stops etc., some times I look at my posts before I post and think , that doesn't look right but then I remember I am on a football forum not sitting an English Language exam .

[QUOTE=navypie;38627307]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

I have no desire to know what you look like , you called me and others on here " keyboard Nazis " , the point I was trying to make is my photo is out there for all to see , yours isn't , I don't hide behind a keyboard like you . " ex army " , I lost count of the times we where late putting out to sea because the skipper was buggering one of the young ratings or the gunnery officer had gone fishing. Do I know when to use quotations , full stops etc., some times I look at my posts before I post and think , that doesn't look right but then I remember I am on a football forum not sitting an English Language exam .
    Not only that but mentioning Andrew in the same breath as Army!!! FFS!

Do I know when to use quotations , full stops etc..
    Quotations are used when quoting someone. Full stops are used at the end of sentences.

Serious question: Why is it that all the rabid right whingers get so nervous around punctuation? "F**kin HATE [insert race] and question marks!!!"

[QUOTE=SolSigns;38627294]Say what you like about Vlad, he knew how to cuss up a storm. Today's nazis are big girls' blouses by comparison.[

Quote Originally Posted by solsigns View Post
    quotations are used when quoting someone. Full stops are used at the end of sentences.

Serious question: Why is it that all the rabid right whingers get so nervous around punctuation? "f**kin hate [insert race] and question marks!!!"
    " rabid " ok

[QUOTE=navypie;38627294]
    Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns
    Say what you like about Vlad, he knew how to cuss up a storm. Today's nazis are big girls' blouses by comparison.[
    Nearly got it. Just turn the last crotchet around and you're there.

eta: it's probably not all you, the quote button seems to be playing up today.
    Last edited by SolSigns; 19-08-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Quotations are used when quoting someone. Full stops are used at the end of sentences.

Serious question: Why is it that all the rabid right whingers get so nervous around punctuation? "F**kin HATE [insert race] and question marks!!!"
    Don't have to be right winger/whinger. Poor punctuation can change meanings:

]

Poor spelling means the wrong person gets out of jail.

Poor arithmetic means the wrong dose of medicine is given or the incorrect amount of fuel is put in a plane.

[QUOTE=SolSigns;38627327]

Nearly got it. Just turn the last crotchet around and you're there.

eta: it's probably not all you, the quote button seems to be playing up today.
    Why do I not feel absolution .

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213