+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Middlesbrough v The Mighty Blades

MATCH DAY POST: Middlesbrough v The Mighty Blades

So after the completely different starting 11 employed in the midweek cup win against Walsall it would seem we are more than likely to return to the opening day 11 IMO. Arguably one of the toughest away league games we'll face this season, the trip to Middlesborough will be a good gauge of what and if we lack in certain areas. Having said that, it is nice to get this one out of the way early on, while they might still be suffering a relegation hangover and still may have not yet gelled as a team. Well we can hope so at least.....

Anyway....

Any team news?

Ched presumably making the bench?

Otherwise unchanged from last Saturday?

Sky Sports are televising the match of course, which puts added pressure on the home side. Couple that with their defeat last week and unless they get an early goal the home support could start to become their own worst enemy. What we know from our side is that they will be 100% committed and are unlikely to roll over for any opponent. That said, really really tough game and though I'd like to be extra optimistic, a draw would be a great result. I'll go for 1-1 more in hope than expectation though....

Safe journey folks.

UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    So after the completely different starting 11 employed in the midweek cup win against Walsall it would seem we are more than likely to return to the opening day 11 IMO. Arguably one of the toughest away league games we'll face this season, the trip to Middlesborough will be a good gauge of what and if we lack in certain areas. Having said that, it is nice to get this one out of the way early on, while they might still be suffering a relegation hangover and still may have not yet gelled as a team. Well we can hope so at least.....

Anyway....

Any team news?

Ched presumably making the bench?

Otherwise unchanged from last Saturday?

Sky Sports are televising the match of course, which puts added pressure on the home side. Couple that with their defeat last week and unless they get an early goal the home support could start to become their own worst enemy. What we know from our side is that they will be 100% committed and are unlikely to roll over for any opponent. That said, really really tough game and though I'd like to be extra optimistic, a draw would be a great result. I'll go for 1-1 more in hope than expectation though....

Safe journey folks.

UTCB
    Before we discuss the game...wheres your tattooed arrse avatar???

Proper tough game. A point would be a hell of a result.

Was the last televised game up there a 0-0,think we had a new goalkeeper called Bunn between the sticks

Happy with the same result.

Found it,first game of the 2009 season,its like dejavu seen who was on the bench.

(G) M Bunn
    (D) K Walker
    (D) C Morgan
    (D) A Taylor
    (D) M Kilgallon
    (M) S Quinn
    (M) N Montgomery
    (M) B Howard
    (M) R France
    (M) K Treacy
    (F) D Henderson

(G) I Bennett
    (D) L Bromby
    (M) D Cotterill
    (M) K Reid
    (M) G Little
    (F) B Sharp
    (F) C Evans

Anything is possible with this Wilder in charge , the fact we haven't lost since January is outstanding but we have got to lose sometime , but I am going for a win ( that's foooked it ) !

make no mistake a draw would be a fantastic result tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Found it,first game of the 2009 season,its like dejavu seen who was on the bench.

(G) M Bunn
    (D) K Walker
    (D) C Morgan
    (D) A Taylor
    (D) M Kilgallon
    (M) S Quinn
    (M) N Montgomery
    (M) B Howard
    (M) R France
    (M) K Treacy
    (F) D Henderson

(G) I Bennett
    (D) L Bromby
    (M) D Cotterill
    (M) K Reid
    (M) G Little
    (F) B Sharp
    (F) C Evans
    Unfortunately we also played them at the beginning of the 10/11 season Chippy and lost 1-0. A game described by Gary Birtles as the worst he'd ever commented on and he said our players didn't try an inch. How prophetic those words were.

So the last three seasons we've been in the same division as Boro we've played them away in the first couple of games. It makes you wonder just how random these fixture lists are.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Unfortunately we also played them at the beginning of the 10/11 season Chippy and lost 1-0. A game described by Gary Birtles as the worst he'd ever commented on and he said our players didn't try an inch. How prophetic those words were.

So the last three seasons we've been in the same division as Boro we've played them away in the first couple of games. It makes you wonder just how random these fixture lists are.
    Speedo(RIP) in charge of us and Gordon Strachan was Boro boss if memory serves me correctly Gray. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Speedo(RIP) in charge of us and Gordon Strachan was Boro boss if memory serves me correctly Gray. UTCB
    Aye thats reyt remember that game now.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post

So we have had a 0-0 and 0-1 in those two TV games,i'm happy to predict a 1-0 to us to even things up.Gone for that score on S2 prediction thread.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast