+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Broken wheelbarrow

What a load of moaning minnies.

I'd think you would expect to pay four quid plus for a pint at the vast majority of Stadiums up and down the Country.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    You from the Long Eaton area, Tarkers? I was born there many years ago. My folks moved to West Bridgford when I was 8 or I might have ended up a Rams fan.
    Interesting parallel. I was born in Long Eaton many years ago and my parents also moved to West Bridgford, although it was when I was just two years old. We could both have ended up as Rams fans! Interesting that we both chose the correct side of the Trent though.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    You from the Long Eaton area, Tarkers? I was born there many years ago. My folks moved to West Bridgford when I was 8 or I might have ended up a Rams fan.

Strangely, I suffer from gout as well and take Allopurinol. I get mine for £1 a packet less than you pay though!
    That's the benefit of living in West Bridgford though and there are those who still call it the Island, little do they know 60 Years.

[QUOTE=tarquinbeech;38620705] Benefit scrounger....I'm coming back as soon as I hit the magic number.....is it 65, 66 or 67 now.

Tarkers, prescriptions are free for the over 60's.

I find the prices at Notts similar to anywhere else I would have a drink, and certainly in line with other stadiums. I'd much rather put my money into the club.
    My issue with Notts is the service. Whether it be in the Broken Wheelbarrow or in the kop, It takes forever to get served by staff with bad attitudes and no rush in them. I no longer have a pint at half time as it's impossible to get served without missing part of the game!

If you're coming to Wycombe on Saturday then our Fosters and Carling is just £3.60 a pint, which is what we charge every day! (Sorry though, we do have to use plastic glasses on match days) The White Horse is the 'away fans' pub and has 'exotic dancers' every afternoon from 1.00pm. (You don't have to watch - there's Sky and BT Sport on the telly) but if you do its the usual £ in the pot. Lap dances too!) On West Wycombe Road (satnav: HP11 2LR) - about a mile from the town centre going West towards the ground on the main A40. Some parking, more nearby. About 25 minutes brisk walk or plenty of cabs. Sorry, no one under 18 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I find the prices at Notts similar to anywhere else I would have a drink, and certainly in line with other stadiums. I'd much rather put my money into the club.
    My issue with Notts is the service. Whether it be in the Broken Wheelbarrow or in the kop, It takes forever to get served by staff with bad attitudes and no rush in them. I no longer have a pint at half time as it's impossible to get served without missing part of the game!
    Meanwhile AH is having a bitch on Twitter that he had to wait 25mins for service at KFC #getyourownhouseinorderfirst

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Meanwhile AH is having a bitch on Twitter that he had to wait 25mins for service at KFC #getyourownhouseinorderfirst
    A millionaire and eating at KFC?!

That's how you get to be a millionaire. Look after the golf balls and the footballs will look after themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by eyepie View Post
    That's how you get to be a millionaire. Look after the golf balls and the footballs will look after themselves.
    Like it eyepie.
    Very sharp

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast