+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun on the move ?

Even though it's all pie in the sky....

How and why do Dundee think they will be able to transform part of Camperdown park into 4 training pitches. Was the park not gifted to the people of Dundee?

Also where is a'body going to park.

Random statements such as "it will be at least 50% bigger than Dense" why Oh ****ing why? 3000 season tickets and they need a 17000 plus ground?

Who is financing it?

Only the Fun

If they move they move but it's a shame so much tradition will be lost along with it. The closeness of the two city club's stadia, players walking between the two with the fans on match days, et cetera.

My concern about The Fun moving over to this side of the city is that I'm not sure if the infrastructure and transport links are in place for another club the same size as Lochee United. Hopefully the SPFL will liaise with the Junior fitba bosses to ensure there are no fixture clashes as there is only so much that the Lochee area can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If they move they move but it's a shame so much tradition will be lost along with it. The closeness of the two city club's stadia, players walking between the two with the fans on match days, et cetera.
    Correct Terry, it'll be a shame if that tradition is destroyed. I don't think the uniqueness aspect is always fully appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    trigger, you dinnae sound bitter like the uber DABS on other thread
    watch yersel theyll no be happy like

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    My concern about The Fun moving over to this side of the city is that I'm not sure if the infrastructure and transport links are in place for another club the same size as Lochee United. Hopefully the SPFL will liaise with the Junior fitba bosses to ensure there are no fixture clashes as there is only so much that the Lochee area can handle.

In this day and age I can only guess that the idea of future ground sharing is a likely consideration. Because of the huge gulf between the true Big Team and the true Wee Teams in Dundee it is highly unlikely that they would expect these two teams to ground share. It is more logical that Dundee FC would be involved in talks with Lochee United about such a move.

todays Tully says we can use their new ground on there terms ?................Why we would we want to go there???????????????

And they're buying Scott Robertson for £500, 000. Devastating news.
    They never EVER learn!

Remember at the time when the Admin bloke at Dens enquired about ground sharing at Tannadice which led to the Funsters being up in arms, boycotting derbies and blaming United when in fact it was f**k all to do wi us.

Once again our club are being dragged into a situation (according to DCTs) that isn't of our making.

Can just imagine it in a few years time "Eh, wi coulda had wir ain new stadium up at Campy if they Arab basturds had played alang. It's ah their fault."

im a bit of a traditionalist. if they left dens then we would lose the tradition of the away team walking to the opponents ground and so on. the history the ground has in general would be lost to some edge of town soul less arena. some new grounds have worked but i dont see dundee moving to a 15 thousand seater stadium having an amazing atmosphere.

to me it seems like the whole thing is just a big FU to united.
    we have a 14 thousand stadium they get a 15 (when they dont need it)
    "oh you can ground share with us if you like" Why would we ground share??
    another attempt to appeal to their moronic supporters

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)