+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun on the move ?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    im a bit of a traditionalist. if they left dens then we would lose the tradition of the away team walking to the opponents ground and so on. the history the ground has in general would be lost to some edge of town soul less arena. some new grounds have worked but i dont see dundee moving to a 15 thousand seater stadium having an amazing atmosphere.

to me it seems like the whole thing is just a big FU to united.
    we have a 14 thousand stadium they get a 15 (when they dont need it)
    "oh you can ground share with us if you like" Why would we ground share??
    another attempt to appeal to their moronic supporters
    doubt its a FU to DABS
    itll be to save on rent and to try make new income thru the week and not just on match days

Dont think its a FU to utd. If genuine it appears they would want to entice utd or others to rent this out. Probably put out there to test the water. Like Terry it would be a shame to lose this tradition of being so close.

Cant see utd being interested in being tenants but thats where i think dundee are testing the waters about a possible ground share - might be wrong has been known on most occassions

Quote Originally Posted by _JohnGotti_ View Post
    doubt its a FU to DABS
    itll be to save on rent and to try make new income thru the week and not just on match days
    obviously itll have their advantages moving from dens. but a few of the aspects i mentioned i feel are only done to try and show united that they think their the biggest team in the city now.

dens is too big for yous as it is now and your gonna go from a 12K and increase it to 15K when your average attendance is about 6k (that being increased due to bigger away supports from old firm, aberdeen so on). if dundee were realistic they would make a 10-12 stadium which could be increased if they managed to increase their average attendance. i think they are only going to 15k to say they have a bigger stadium that united tbh (obviously they can get more away supporters in when they play old firm which means more money for them) but still if they were for a 12k stadium they could still have 6/7k old firm fans which is double what they get now. if they go for 15k its gonna be half empty in your run of the mile games with no atomosphere.

and why else would they even suggest the whole ground share thing? it makes no sense at all but a power play in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    obviously itll have their advantages moving from dens. but a few of the aspects i mentioned i feel are only done to try and show united that they think their the biggest team in the city now.

dens is too big for yous as it is now and your gonna go from a 12K and increase it to 15K when your average attendance is about 6k (that being increased due to bigger away supports from old firm, aberdeen so on). if dundee were realistic they would make a 10-12 stadium which could be increased if they managed to increase their average attendance. i think they are only going to 15k to say they have a bigger stadium that united tbh (obviously they can get more away supporters in when they play old firm which means more money for them) but still if they were for a 12k stadium they could still have 6/7k old firm fans which is double what they get now. if they go for 15k its gonna be half empty in your run of the mile games with no atomosphere.

and why else would they even suggest the whole ground share thing? it makes no sense at all but a power play in my opinion
    maybe the council suggested it ?

Interesting article in the Scotsman about this.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion...side-1-4538364

Quote Originally Posted by _JohnGotti_ View Post
    maybe the council suggested it ?
    thats highly likely

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Interesting article in the Scotsman about this.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion...side-1-4538364
    Nae mention of the monorail nor the name - The Samba Dome seems favourite by all accounts

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    thats highly likely
    if they were too help with funding though

do the DABS own the dump or has MMJ given that to another party ?

This doesn't have anything to do with who owns Tannadice Bud. It has everything to do with The Fun trying to drag DUFC into the mire of will they or won't the Fun built a new stadium. DUFC shouldn't touch this with a barge pole

Maybe we should say to them you can have the Shed ,build a new stand there have your admin lot under the stand,have your blue seats,and YOU can pay us ££££££/year. Just an idea.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)