+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So what about these Chinese billionaire takeovers?

I want to be owned by a Swede. Preferably with big t i t s , long blonde hair and amazing legs.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    I want to be owned by a Swede. Preferably with big t i t s , long blonde hair and amazing legs.
    Bjorn Borg?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I'm not sure it would be a good thing to be owned lock stock by foreigners who have no idea or interest in a club's culture, but I think it must be pretty clear by now that McCabe hasn't really actively looked to sell the club or his share of the club. Even the Prince's involvement came about due to a chance meeting in an airport lounge. For the record I think the Prince's contributions did help stabilise the club when things were looking a bit dodgy, but that's a million miles from what's needed to really take us forward so we can complete financially. I don't think him or McCabe have the financial clout to do that.

If you look at the list of clubs that have had major investment or new ownership since we were in the Premiership, it's beyond belief that potential owners or investors haven't come forward to take a look at us. We've got to be as good or better a bet to invest in as any club outside the very top clubs on the face of it with the ground (he owns) academy, set-up, history and support, it's all there waiting to kick on. So there can be really no other deduction to make IMO then McCabe and his family had and have no intention of selling the club (for whatever reason), and are hoping that in Wilder, they've now got a manager who can maintain our Championship status on a low end budget or even follow in the steps of David Wagner at Huddersfield. They'll be no planned promotion push anytime soon, it'll be suck it and see and hope that a team comes good like last season, or the two good seasons under Warnock. And for the record, it still wouldn't surprise me if we sell Brookes just before the deadline because we still haven't had our annual kick in the nuts.
    But when you are 50% foreign owned AND promised significant investment when regaining Champ status then all you do is raise expectations which, if, subsequently, you don't fulfil them, then you put yourself up there to be shot at.

Why even say it if you can't/won't /don't ( take your pick)have any intention of fulfilling those promises?

As for not wanting to sell, well, maybe the job for the boy clause or other unknown (to us) factors have prevented any bids coming to fruition or public knowledge.

Based on the this and like a couple of posters above maybe McC is ( easily)satisfied with where we are.

For me not to strive for for the very top of whatever you do is tacit to settling for second best and that 'easliy pleased' bracket is not one I would ever wish to be associated with, whtaever the aim, personal or anything else.

Yep I agree with Aya and CJJ, I wouldn't want to be owned outright by foreign owners who want to out-price some of the the core support and maybe change the club's traditional image, colours and kit etc.

I would definitely like us to have further investors onboard who can contribute like the Prince said he planned to look into once we were promoted though, whilst remaining at least partially British owned (as lest we forget we are right now Aya). Then at least we may have enough clout to fend off the 'big clubs' that ransack our best young players this time every year at least for a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Bjorn Borg?
    Don't remember Bjorn having huge t i t s Aya. Other than that yea,why not. I'm an all inclusive kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Yep I agree with Aya and CJJ, I wouldn't want to be owned outright by foreign owners who want to out-price some of the the core support and maybe change the club's traditional image, colours and kit etc.

I would definitely like us to have further investors onboard who can contribute like the Prince said he planned to look into once we were promoted though, whilst remaining at least partially British owned (as lest we forget we are right now Aya). Then at least we may have enough clout to fend off the 'big clubs' that ransack our best young players this time every year at least for a season or two.

I'd prefer to leave the dodgy overseas owners to the pigs. On their second on the spin. Not gone too well as far as I can see and it certainly ain't going to end well.
    I prefer our very own local dodgy owner!

Reading this article, could it be we aren't an attractive proposition due to the financial baggage attached to the two owners and how the club ownership is divided between them including the assets?

Where the dingles are concerned, any potential owner is dealing with one party who effectively owns the whole club and its assets

http://www.footymad.com/barnsley/new...02/index.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    But when you are 50% foreign owned AND promised significant investment when regaining Champ status then all you do is raise expectations which, if, subsequently, you don't fulfil them, then you put yourself up there to be shot at.

Why even say it if you can't/won't /don't ( take your pick)have any intention of fulfilling those promises?

As for not wanting to sell, well, maybe the job for the boy clause or other unknown (to us) factors have prevented any bids coming to fruition or public knowledge.

Based on the this and like a couple of posters above maybe McC is ( easily)satisfied with where we are.

For me not to strive for for the very top of whatever you do is tacit to settling for second best and that 'easliy pleased' bracket is not one I would ever wish to be associated with, whtaever the aim, personal or anything else.
    Unless of course you're doing well enough in your overall business empire and your other assets, so it means you don't have to strive too hard in one of them, but I don't believe that anybody would stick around as long as he has unless there was some advantage to be gained by him putting his hand in his pocket to keep the loss making part of his empire afloat.

I'd prefer to leave the dodgy overseas owners to the pigs. On their second on the spin. Not gone too well as far as I can see and it certainly ain't going to end well.
    I prefer our very own local dodgy owner!
    I'm hearing that they've commissioned a statue of Chancer for outside the Sty next year. Some Pigs are even thick enough to brag about being ripped off. Meanwhile my brother in law and his mate have stopped going after 50 years.

Don't remember Bjorn having huge t i t s Aya. Other than that yea,why not. I'm an all inclusive kinda guy.
    Name:  bjorn.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  49.0 KB

not bad for 61

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast