+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So what about these Chinese billionaire takeovers?

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Reading this article, could it be we aren't an attractive proposition due to the financial baggage attached to the two owners and how the club ownership is divided between them including the assets?

Where the dingles are concerned, any potential owner is dealing with one party who effectively owns the whole club and its assets

http://www.footymad.com/barnsley/new...02/index.shtml
    That'd maybe explain it for the last 3 years but not since we were in the Prem. Still, we live in hope mate, for all we know the Prince will be as good as his word and it's just a matter of timescales.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Unless of course you're doing well enough in your overall business empire and your other assets, so it means you don't have to strive too hard in one of them, but I don't believe that anybody would stick around as long as he has unless there was some advantage to be gained by him putting his hand in his pocket to keep the loss making part of his empire afloat.
    You'll have the 'accountants'descending on you now to tell you there are no advantages to owning SUFC that can or do affect the overall empire.

It's purely a selfless act of love,loyalty and support for his boyhood club, absolutely no other reason to stay involved, he just feels 'obliged' to look after us .................................................. ....and , maybe, himself?

Doff your cap, say 'thank you so much kind sir' ,he may be watching.

Absolutely Aya. Reminds me of your mate Rod.
    Except for the hair,the lack of moobs,no beer gut,ability to speak English !!! LOL.

Unless of course you're doing well enough in your overall business empire and your other assets, so it means you don't have to strive too hard in one of them, but I don't believe that anybody would stick around as long as he has unless there was some advantage to be gained by him putting his hand in his pocket to keep the loss making part of his empire afloat.
    Speaking as one of the 'easily pleased', I'd say KevMc is in this because he sees the club as something he is custodian of. It like having a child. They will always find new ways to disappoint you but you keep bailing them out and you love them just the same.

As its Sunday, I think a verse from the Bible might be appropriate. Today's is Mathew 16:26 (paraphrased)

"What good will it be for a football club to gain the whole world, yet forfeit its soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Except for the hair,the lack of moobs,no beer gut,ability to speak English !!! LOL.
    Brilliant SBT - except in my eyes I've always imagined him to be a bit more like his namesake

That'd maybe explain it for the last 3 years but not since we were in the Prem. Still, we live in hope mate, for all we know the Prince will be as good as his word and it's just a matter of timescales.
    I hope so Gray

I'm very sceptical about a non blade billionaire taking over our beloved club

I'm more in the Aya camp

However, it's not difficult to see that a few bob investment spent in the right way could propel us to be contenders rather than making the numbers up and I'm also convinced CW is the man to do it

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    You've just wrecked a young lady's dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Brilliant SBT - except in my eyes I've always imagined him to be a bit more like his namesake

Sadly not. I forgot to mention he sings like fingernails down a blackboard.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Speaking as one of the 'easily pleased', I'd say KevMc is in this because he sees the club as something he is custodian of. It like having a child. They will always find new ways to disappoint you but you keep bailing them out and you love them just the same.

As its Sunday, I think a verse from the Bible might be appropriate. Today's is Mathew 16:26 (paraphrased)

"What good will it be for a football club to gain the whole world, yet forfeit its soul?"
    Very aptly put Father, although it wouldn't reallay apply to those from southern Barnsley as they all sold their souls to the dark side years ago.

Very aptly put Father, although it wouldn't reallay apply to those from southern Barnsley as they all sold their souls to the dark side years ago.
    I thought he'd been on the communion wine Gray

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast