+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Green on his way

Green on his way

To Udds apparently (I did say he'd be gone before end of this window) with return for Lonergan from Wolves as his replacement.

Lonergan coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    To Udds apparently (I did say he'd be gone before end of this window) with return for Lonergan from Wolves as his replacement.
    If true, foolish. Don't care about one fluff against Newport, he's a better keeper than Wiedwald overall and streets ahead of any possible seconds-string replacement.

If he wants to go then he goes..not a lot we can do.

Lets give Paul Rachubka another chance, he is currently playing in Kerala so should be easy to tempt him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    If he wants to go then he goes..not a lot we can do.
    Problem is Rev I think the Club has foolishly and unnecessarily brought this on; should have started him as no1 until Wiedwald proved himself, chances are by then transfer window would be closed and Green would still be with us. I said after the Fulham game that you could tell Green was totally pi55ed off when he was warming up and obviously wanted to be anywhere else than at ER. The way the club has handled it now means we've probably got a very no2 no2.

I'm really beginning to question this stream of outgoings, it is all well and good us having a good first 11 (though in all honesty, I'm unconvinced that our current starting 11 is good enough) but you need that strength in depth and the current actions of our ownership is leaving me baffled as to what exactly our plan is.

Green, I could understand it if he was going to a team where he was likely to be number one, at his age I could understand wanting to be a regular starter and not a benchwarmer but he will be what 3rd choice at Huddersfield?

Lonergan is crap, he always was and there is a good reason he is available for free. Wiedwald, too early to judge, looks ok but hasn't had a right lot to do, if he was to get inured and we have to put Lonergan instead of having Green there it is going to cost us.

If Green goes and then this Dallas to Norwich thing becomes reality I'd have serious reservations about the ability of our club to hold onto anyone. Seems to me like the second they even hint at being unhappy we fold like a deck of cards and let them go.

ifs buts and maybes.
    its just not how you paint it at all Joel.
    first of all, Green and Dallas havent gone anywhere(green going is understandable, wants 1st team games at his considerable age, Dallas id be more concerned about)
    The only players worth keeping that have left are Taylor & Woods, 2 tw@ts who showed their desire NOT to play for LUFC, not much you can do in that circumstance, even if you are Barcelona or Man City.
    Dont see how this makes us a "selling club".

no Rob Green in the squad today

Doesn't look good for Green

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)