+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summery

Summery

Was really optimistic with our summer signings but looks like we've just built ANOTHER fantastic five a side team but no a football team. Don't want to go to over the top but that was truley pathetic today, we have no plan B when the tippy tappy doesn't work (which so far it has only worked against Cowdenbeath) and that concerns me.

Flood - done, play him in the irn bru cup and only when every other option is injured
    King- can't beat a man, not seeing any improvement from spittal
    McDonald - not a lone striker

Final moan get that 4-2-3-1 pish to absolute ****ing ****ing **** of the deepest darkest part of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Was really optimistic with our summer signings but looks like we've just built ANOTHER fantastic five a side team but no a football team. Don't want to go to over the top but that was truley pathetic today, we have no plan B when the tippy tappy doesn't work (which so far it has only worked against Cowdenbeath) and that concerns me.

Flood - done, play him in the irn bru cup and only when every other option is injured

Final moan get that 4-2-3-1 pish to absolute ****ing ****ing **** of the deepest darkest part of hell.
    In my drunken rage I've noticed that I've spelt summary wrong. The embarrassment continues.

In my drunken rage I've noticed that I've spelt summary wrong. The embarrassment continues.
    The weather was quite summerish today though!

Think.Fyvie also deserves a special mention in the utter ****e box. Needs to go and play a few Irn bru and under 20s and get fit...

Quote Originally Posted by JelloBiafra View Post
    Think.Fyvie also deserves a special mention in the utter ****e box. Needs to go and play a few Irn bru and under 20s and get fit...
    he should be embarrassed stepping onto the park of a professional fitba game with an arse that size

Was 4-3-3 according to the Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Was 4-3-3 according to the Zone?
    yeah it was. the most unorthodox and disorganised 433 ever seen

It matters not a job what formation it is.
    Mackinnon can't get the players to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by JelloBiafra View Post
    fyvie slows our play down too much. he wants too much time on the ball and the games ive seen of him so far, he hasnt been allowed that time so loses the ball 90% of the time. we looked poor today but we looked slightly better going forward once fyvie was taken off.

the problem is just as last season when he has managed to build a squad that severely limits his options, regardless of formation he plays. Last season we had no width, i gave him the benefit of the doubt that he inherited a mess. This season he has built a squad that is completely leightweight with no physical presence from in the final third.

Today was a complete joke, and sums up what will be our problems against any decent side that presses us high up the pitch. He want s our defence to build up passes from the back, but they are not good on the ball or able to move it fast enough, so we end up passing all the way along the defence, until we eventually lose possession deep in our own half, or lump it straight up the park where the opposition mop up everything because we have one guy up front who has no pace or height (and add to that playing a right footed centre half Quinn who cant pass with his left foot on the left side of the defence). Why exactly did he buy macdonald? Surely you are only going to get the best out macdonald when he has someone to play off, and even if we do go to a 4-4-2 he wont have a hitman to feed off. Flood is another bad decision, committed but kind of pointless if you are chasing your own misplaced passes. The criteria for most our signings this season seem to have been they are available and known because they are domestic players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)