+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Evening Times

I think most of us have done stupid things while drunk in our 20s so give the guy a break,calling for him to be sacked is ridiculous.

He has scored 1 goal and created another so far,he hasn't got off to a great start but certainly a lot better than the signing who some think is going to come good when he finally scores a goal.

You don't just FALL into a river, p1ssed up or not p1ssed up.

If he went for a midnight dip, p1ssed or otherwise, he's a t1t.

However, has anybody contemplated that he threw himself in there for another reason, which has altogether more worrying and sympathetic overtones?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    I beg to differ. I fell in steaming wasnt deliberate. Tripped on a paving stone and went arse over tit down the bank and sploosh. Instant sobreness and i got out. Lucky it was May and nae December or the outcome would have been alot different

My pockets were full of earwigs after

I walked off the sea wall in Lochranza pished.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I beg to differ. I fell in steaming wasnt deliberate. Tripped on a paving stone and went arse over tit down the bank and sploosh. Instant sobreness and i got out. Lucky it was May and nae December or the outcome would have been alot different

My pockets were full of earwigs after
    Okay, so if that is the case here, it begs the question, and one that we've been having for decades and will no doubt continue to do so for the next few decades, why would an employer pay an employee, paid for his athletic ability, about £3000 a week and let him p1ss it up against a wall?

He's a player at a crossroads in his career, and that's the way he thinks best to improve it? T1t.

I'm not saying sack the cnut but some sort of contractual punishment has to be in order

He's 26, not 16

GMS - Goes Midnight Swimming

However, has anybody contemplated that he threw himself in there for another reason, which has altogether more worrying and sympathetic overtones?
    You mean he was so bleezin he thought he was still playing for the Tims and would get a penalty for a dive?

One report says that there had been trouble in the Sanctuary nightclub he was in, and 'left after an incident inside'.

I don't agree with it but the majority of British footballers get p*ssed even these days.Even your guffball players who get paid millions still drink and do stupid things.Its not right considering they are supposed to be professional athletes but there isn't much chance of it changing anytime soon.

It's not even the worst incident regarding one of our players getting drunk and doing something daft,I can think of a few that were worse.

It would also be quite interesting to see how many players come down with a Colombian flu on a Sunday.

Agree entirely, this could easily have been a cry for help or something worse. If there are underlying mental issues which would cause someone to throw themselves into a river, then AFC have a duty of care to make sure the player is in the right state of mind before even thinking of him playing again. We don't know the facts yet (nor should we) so anything just now is baseless speculation, as fun as that is.

Mason, are you sure you weren't booted off a sea wall in Lochranza for talking sh!te?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast