+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news about Stockley

Good news about Stockley

He is suspended for today's game against Accies, that's the best bit of news we could hope for where he is concerned

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    He is suspended for today's game against Accies, that's the best bit of news we could hope for where he is concerned

COYR
    Harsh!

Quote Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
    Harsh!
    Perhaps a bit but I was hoping the good news was that he had found a new club. He is a bigger liability than an asset in my opinion.

Damn, when I saw this thread title, I thought he'd been sold.

I'm going to swim against the tide, I think there's potential in there.
    He's affa raw, but I think there's a player in there.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'm going to swim against the tide, I think there's potential in there.
    He's affa raw, but I think there's a player in there.
    Disagree with you there,
    He's got very little.
    Rarely scores, more likely to get sent off.
    Zero pace or mobility.
    Get rid if we can.
    He's so bad I'd rather have Miles Storey in.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Disagree with you there,
    He's got very little.
    Rarely scores, more likely to get sent off.
    Zero pace or mobility.
    Get rid if we can.
    He's so bad I'd rather have Miles Storey in.
    Jesus - that final sentence (or paragraph, or bullet) is an extreme view and harsh one. Stockley is a limited player technically but he is clearly the only striker we have who can actually win a header and bring others around him into play. Rooney can't do it, Maynard can't do it, Storey can't do it. In games were we don't have the time and space to find feet, Stockley can be useful - he is no Drogba but he offers alternative attributes that none of other strikers have.

The red card myth keeps getting peddled too. Did you actually agree with the refs for either of the bookings he got in Maribor or at Ibrox? The view that all 4 were ridiculous con-jobs seems fairly unanimous from my unscientific poll.
    Last edited by bpdon; 06-08-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Get Rid : End Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    Jesus - that final sentence (or paragraph, or bullet) is an extreme view and harsh one. Stockley is a limited player technically but he is clearly the only striker we have who can actually win a header and bring others around him into play. Rooney can't do it, Maynard can't do it, Storey can't do it. In games were we don't have the time and space to find feet, Stockley can be useful - he is no Drogba but he offers alternative attributes that none of other strikers have.

The red card myth keeps getting peddled too. Did you actually agree with the refs for either of the bookings he got in Maribor or at Ibrox? The view that all 4 were ridiculous con-jobs seems fairly unanimous from my unscientific poll.
    Harsh?
    Just my opinion.
    He was unlucky with the Maribor red.
    Then again, was he lucky in the Cup final?
    Rightly or wrongly, refs (in Europe & domestically) don't like that robust style any more, making him ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post

I agree but I also agree that we can do better.

We always moan about not having players that can stand up for themselves. Stockley likes an elbow smash and that's fine with me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast