+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Very Special Result

A Very Special Result

What a superb result it was today - we are moving on steadily from being plucky in defeat to becoming a real force - plenty of effort but now mixed with plenty of skill.

Sean Dyche has produced miracles for our club. And we are still improving, just need real pace now and watch us go.

This is always a special fixture for me. I was blessed to see some of our iconic matches with Spurs back in the 60's with Mcilroy, Pointer etc pitting their wits against Greaves, Blanchflower etc.

As a young impressionable lad I was in awe of the big teams coming to the Turf. I knew the players in every team in the league and was fascinated to see them play in their own kits. Spurs always appeared very daunting in their version of white shirts, black shorts and unique socks. And until last season I had never seen us lose to them.

I can't believe that we have come so far in such a short space of time that we are actually gaining deserved draws against them - and away from home. And I reckon we are still improving.

One happy Claret :-)

Hear hear,some great counter attacking at pace against a great Spurs team.. Well done Dyche

The whole set up at Turf Moor seems to have jumped up a gear to me. Nobody's easy pickings on the road now, are we?

Fantastic result, shame we didn't nick it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The whole set up at Turf Moor seems to have jumped up a gear to me. Nobody's easy pickings on the road now, are we?

Fantastic result, shame we didn't nick it!
    Yep ! Not so much the whipping boys that some may think.

We played with great shape and determination but conceding a goal just after half time from the results of a corner was tough.

I was sitting back to admire a "great effort in defeat" until the amazing end.

4 points on the road after two away games; and that against Chelsea and Spurs!

Surely we can account for the glass palace at home??

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    We played with great shape and determination but conceding a goal just after half time from the results of a corner was tough.

I was sitting back to admire a "great effort in defeat" until the amazing end.

4 points on the road after two away games; and that against Chelsea and Spurs!

Surely we can account for the glass palace at home??
    Agree the sentiments Spurs fans had a worrying last 10 mins and Wood looked like he will score lots. Last season we got one win and four draws away from home and 13 goals. So we now have over half our Away points from last season and almost a quarter of our Away goals in two games. That's amazing. Let's get the home form going and help Frank on his way and zoom up the table.

The really fantastic thing was in the last ten minutes we absolutely battered Tottenham and Wood looks worth every penny of whatever we end up paying for him!

umbeaten in London so far- unheard of last season

still faves to go down with some bookies-

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    still faves to go down with some bookies-
    Jeez!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)