+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a good squad

Building a good squad

This is how you do it, 7 players signed new contracts, 13 new players signed, several more recruited for the u23s, one player promoted from last seasons u23s to first team squad, and unused players moved on, its not rocket science but its great how Andrea has gone about his business with the squad, MOT!!!

In fairness to Orta he's really got the business done this season and signing up some of our existing players inc Dallas today is a really important part of building the squad that we've not been able to do well for quite some time.

A few weren't happy when Orta was appointed were they.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    A few weren't happy when Orta was appointed were they.
    Thats just not true the man never said orta never had a clue never said the signings were all from inferior foreign leagues and would never hack it in the uber class English championship.The league where real Englishmen play dont matter that 90% of the Englishmen never learned to pass a ball, as long as they're English enough theyre good enough for Leeds,or at least i think that was the gist of most of his preseason vilification of players he had never seen knew nothing about and never looked further than if they were brits and had played in any English league at all.

Quote Originally Posted by godlikegiles View Post
    Thats just not true the man never said orta never had a clue never said the signings were all from inferior foreign leagues and would never hack it in the uber class English championship.The league where real Englishmen play dont matter that 90% of the Englishmen never learned to pass a ball, as long as they're English enough theyre good enough for Leeds,or at least i think that was the gist of most of his preseason vilification of players he had never seen knew nothing about and never looked further than if they were brits and had played in any English league at all.
    Careful, remember your blood pressure.

Honestly can't be arsed to dissect that nonesense.

My criticisms of the guy stand, regarding nepotism and his record in the run up to his appointment at Leeds. The number of new players brought in who have actually performed well remains small in comparison the number actually signed up. I'm delighted that Saiz and Elioski have proved me wrong, great stuff and f00k the criticism of being greedy. If they create chances as they have, goals will follow, from them or other players, but apart from Anita, who else brought in has actually shown real skill or at least the potential?

And if you want to get into another strand of the argument, show me how Leeds are benefitting from the huge number of young, foreign players now out in Spain being paid for by Leeds whilst showcasing to the european market, whilst the door is just about closed on new English youth players joining what remains of the Academy at Thorp Arch?

Any Leeds youngun showcasing his wares anywhere, will it may surprise you will likely be noted by our club. If not judged ready or good enough for 1st team then at worst they can sell him at a likely a large profit. If it's to a Spanish club it will help LUFC build further good relationships in one of the best leagues in the world, where PL teams notoriously usually pay way over the odds for players.

Now picking on Recruitment/Academy with the usual what might go wrong scenario via his insightful insider knowledge ... nice one .... what next for the positive thinking WTF

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Any Leeds youngun showcasing his wares anywhere, will it may surprise you will likely be noted by our club. If not judged ready or good enough for 1st team then at worst they can sell him at a likely a large profit. If it's to a Spanish club it will help LUFC build further good relationships in one of the best leagues in the world, where PL teams notoriously usually pay way over the odds for players.

Now picking on Recruitment/Academy with the usual what might go wrong scenario via his insightful insider knowledge ... nice one .... what next for the positive thinking WTF
    Careful (as always) to skirt round anything that might not align with your view of our new management (number of new signings actually delivering)), and equally selective regarding the answer relating to the Leeds Academy.

So the relationship with Cultural is precisely as I described, a shop window for young players, funded by Leeds (us, the fans if you ignored that, those who are unlikely to see any of these in a month of Sundays), and the fact that our senior management team have close financial links with Cultural and will benefit personally from that is what, coincidence? Why couldn't that same investment be put into the Leeds Academy, and use that directly related institution to grow these same young players, irrespective of where they come from around the world? Ah, I know, because the coaches we employ and the opposition we face isn't good enough to grow skills required when those players face their senior debuts???

And please tell me how shipping these new signings out to Cultural will help to improve the performance of the LEEDS U23, the side that came in for so much criticism last season?

As if previous managements have had a fantastic ratio of successful signings

What a negative you really are..... Why can't we have a good academy in Leeds and a setup in Spain and/or anywhere else. You think AR is going to set anything up that will be a negative or drain to the development of Leeds United, where his goal is to gain this club promotion? No lets us make up something about all of them being more obsessed with making money from a few young signings.

Have you not seen the new players in the U23s? And what's wrong with them playing in Spain against the likes of Barcelona II, Tenerife, Granada, Sporting Gijon and more? Tougher than U23's I'd say.

As long as they are developing it can be at Leeds, Cultural or Accrington

No better to keep with your conspiracy theories...3rd in table, unbeaten, best squad in a while and all you can do is try pick holes... you bore most people on here with your relentless sniping

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Careful, remember your blood pressure.

Honestly can't be arsed to dissect that nonesense.

My criticisms of the guy stand, regarding nepotism and his record in the run up to his appointment at Leeds. The number of new players brought in who have actually performed well remains small in comparison the number actually signed up. I'm delighted that Saiz and Elioski have proved me wrong, great stuff and f00k the criticism of being greedy. If they create chances as they have, goals will follow, from them or other players, but apart from Anita, who else brought in has actually shown real skill or at least the potential?

And if you want to get into another strand of the argument, show me how Leeds are benefitting from the huge number of young, foreign players now out in Spain being paid for by Leeds whilst showcasing to the european market, whilst the door is just about closed on new English youth players joining what remains of the Academy at Thorp Arch?
    Sometimes fella it just pays to keep your powder dry and say nowt until you actually SEE what happens next.
    You will likely be eating lots and lots of pie this season......but then again ........

It was inevitable.

as you are fond of saying - Hook,line and stinker!

and it's actually embarrasing watching you squirm and "like" comments given things have started so good - ought to call you "WTF George" - as in "Osborne" with his/your "project fear" shyte all close season. lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)