+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AH Speaks on Our Transfer Activity

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    As others have posted our side aint bad but we have little strength in depth especially up front & in the center of defence, if we are very lucky injury wise then we should be top half which is progress. If we are there abouts come January AH has some big decisions to make but if not I fear that many will take what he says about going all out for promotion with a large pinch of salt in the future.
    If you cast your mind back some time I think you may just find that this season was a season where we were building a platform to move forward from. I may be wrong but for the first time in a while it would appear we are clearing the decks and paving the way for that word we all craved for. STABILITY.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I don't get this "finish top half and it's progress" nonsense!

There are many instances of teams making the playoffs one year and then being relegated the following year. Each season should be treated separately at this level and we should be going full steam for promotion every single year. Realistically that isn't going to happen of course but we shouldn't be accepting mid table and calling it progress.
    Absolutely spot on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Top half is progress would be true if we were building a side for the future, but the truth is our forwards are probably in their last season and the midfield is on loan from Forest. We will have to start again next season. The side will probably punch above its weight due to KN, but it's not a good squad and they should not be packing themselves on the back for assembling it.
    With Stead, Ameobi (probably) retiring, Grant and Yates back at Forest then the better players have gone.

If we had a bunch of early-mid 20's first team regulars who are our own players then progress might be a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    With Stead, Ameobi (probably) retiring, Grant and Yates back at Forest then the better players have gone.

If we had a bunch of early-mid 20's first team regulars who are our own players then progress might be a valid point.
    We've got the young "Squad of 2018" to look forward to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12