+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What is Our Best Starting XI?

What is Our Best Starting XI?

I'd go for:

For me...

Foster
    Nyom, Dawson, Evans, Gibbs
    Barry, Kryochiak
    Burke, Chadli, Phillips
    Rodriguez

A bit loathe to drop Brunt as he hasn't done anything wrong and his set pieces are a huge asset. I also think McClean has started the season well and gives us good energy in the middle of the park. Both good options of the bench.

If we started with this team, the players not in the first XI are:
    Myhill, Hegazi, Brunt, Livermore, McClean, Robson-Kanu, Rondon, Morrison, McCauley

Now we have a bit of squad depth!

The only change that I would make would be Brunt for Burke or Chadli. Burke, probably not quite up to speed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I'd go for:

For me...

Foster
    Barry, Kryochiak
    Burke, Chadli, Phillips
    Rodriguez

A bit loathe to drop Brunt as he hasn't done anything wrong and his set pieces are a huge asset. I also think McClean has started the season well and gives us good energy in the middle of the park. Both good options of the bench.

If we started with this team, the players not in the first XI are:
    Myhill, Hegazi, Brunt, Livermore, McClean, Robson-Kanu, Rondon, Morrison, McCauley

Now we have a bit of squad depth!
    I wonder if TP is going to go with Krychowiak as part of the 3 behind Jay Rod and Livermore being alongside Barry. I do think Krychowiak can play offensively as well as defensively. That would mean Chadli on to the bench in place of Livermore.

Initially though I can also see Chris Brunt on the left of the 3 with Burke on the bench coming on for the last 20 minutes or so. Phillips would revert back to the right side as well.

As you say great to see the depth of the squad this time though and that will become more important as the season progresses.

Dawson can start preparing himself to go to right back again.

Hegazi and Evans at CB with Gibbs at LB.

Barry sitting in front of the back four on his own possibly.

The Pole ahead of Barry in a midfield playmaker/Enforcer type role

Phillips/Chadli/Brunt or Burke playing further up with J Rod as CF would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Dawson can start preparing himself to go to right back again.

Hegazi and Evans at CB with Gibbs at LB.

Barry sitting in front of the back four on his own possibly.

The Pole ahead of Barry in a midfield playmaker/Enforcer type role

Phillips/Chadli/Brunt or Burke playing further up with J Rod as CF would be my choice.
    No Nyom?

Its basically Nyom or Hegazi in defence with Dawson staying at CB or moving to RB.

I think I would go Nyom

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    No Nyom?

Its basically Nyom or Hegazi in defence with Dawson staying at CB or moving to RB.

I think I would go Nyom
    I think he'll go with the solidity of Dawson rather than Nyom which would be unlucky on Nyom.

No guarantees he'll play Gibbs in the first few weeks until he's been flogged to death on the training pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I think he'll go with the solidity of Dawson rather than Nyom which would be unlucky on Nyom.

No guarantees he'll play Gibbs in the first few weeks until he's been flogged to death on the training pitch.
    Hard to call mate. I reckon he'll play Dawson at right back. Which is harsh on Nyom.
    Midfield is also hard to call. Neither Livermore or Phillips have started well. I ay seen anything of Burke or the Polish bloke.
    A Scottish chap at work describes Burke as "An Aldi version of Gareth Bale" While a rep. A Forest STH who comes in says he was gutted when they sold him. He is lightening quick and will be a great signing.

In my earlier post I stated that my team had Nyom at right back and Dawson in the middle, with Evans. I feel it is ***** that Nyom plays as to my mind he has been excellent in these early games. Also, Dawson should now be utilised in his natural position, especially with McCauley still on the sidelines and let's face it, he can't go on for ever! It's nice now, though, to have these options.

Pulis will go for Livermore over Chadli and will have Rodders wide with Rondon up front.

If we play 4-2-3-1 then
    Foster
    Barry, Krychowiak
    Phillips, Chadli, J-Rod
    Rondon

Subs Myhill, Hegazy, Brunt, Livermore, Burke, McClean, HRK

If 4-1-4-1

Foster
    Barry
    Phillips, Krychowiak Livermore, J-Rod
    Rondon

Subs Myhill, Hegazy, Brunt, Yacob, Burke, Chadli, HRK

Bit rough on Hegazy who has performed well, but so have Daws & Nyom. I like JRod on the left & would like Rondon to be given a chance in a now stronger side where he will get more support before dropping him.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)