+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today’s press conference

Today’s press conference

Almost 100 applications says Ganaye. Shortlist this weekend, interviews next. Appointment pre Burton

Ganaye says club have funds to approach candidates in work. A lot of candidates from abroad, given publicity regarding Barnsley and takeover

Board including Billy Beane will all have an input in process to recruit new head coach

Harsley is not being ruled out as a candidate if he impresses

GG confirms PH actually signed the contract a couple of weeks before announcement. So the idea that PH signed it on Friday, only to leave on Monday was incorrect.

GG hasn’t ruled out appointing a mgr from overseas, but adds they don’t have a specific profile of manager (young, old, champ exp) in mind.

Asked if lesson’s can be learned, GG said: “Always expect the unexpected.”

GG is adamant they did enough to try and keep PH, both with his contract and with recruitment.

Andy Yiadom is fully focused on the team, not his future for the remainder of the season.

They must have a good idea who they want already if they're setting a timescale?

Am losing confidence in believing some of what Gee Gee sez.

He will realize that tha can't pillak us Tarn fans.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Am losing confidence in believing some of what Gee Gee sez.

He will realize that tha can't pillak us Tarn fans.
    I don't think he's pillakin SBRed. I think it's quite revealing without revealing anything It tells us that it's not Paul Harsley because how can you base an appointment on one match? It tells us we're considering people that haven't applied as candidates, hence not ruling out approaching people in work. It also says that the people who have already applied can't be much cop otherwise why would you look at people in work?

Billy Baseball will choose the new HC then ?

The club is an ego trip for Billy in my opinion , nothing more and nothing less .

There's a good many folk on here who have a better idea on what we need than he does .

What the bloke did in MLB was fantastic , no question with his knowledge of analytics .

Totally fine with him onboard as a consultant if and when needed , running the whole show is another matter .

When the Consortium held the first press conference this wasn't even mentioned , slipped in through the back door and he's a key player .

He's looks to be the most powerful man down there , bound to be , he's the Consortium's man with a track record in Baseball .

Bewildering .

TGTBT
    Last edited by animallittle3; 09-02-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I don't think he's pillakin SBRed. I think it's quite revealing without revealing anything It tells us that it's not Paul Harsley because how can you base an appointment on one match? It tells us we're considering people that haven't applied as candidates, hence not ruling out approaching people in work. It also says that the people who have already applied can't be much cop otherwise why would you look at people in work?
    Thi first two sentences do not contradict each other Ponte. They are two sides of the same coin.

Am keeping an eye on this Gee Gee. Dunt trust him.

Summats not reyt darn theear.

Always expect the unexpected.

That can mean Molded and Sculley at Oakwell.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Always expect the unexpected.

That can mean Molded and Sculley at Oakwell.
    Thaz cracked it. That's why Chien and the Gang have bought BFC. They are all FBI agents using Oakwell as a base in the UK.

Personally I'd be on the phone to Eric Winstanley right now if the great man is healthy and fit .

" got a job for thi Eric "

" aye , I can see that , order me some kit and some boots and I'll see you down there tomorrow "

" anything else you need Eric ? "

" can't think of owt , all in my head animal , si thi tomorrow "

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Personally I'd be on the phone to Eric Winstanley right now if the great man is healthy and fit .

" got a job for thi Eric "

" aye , I can see that , order me some kit and some boots and I'll see you down there tomorrow "

" anything else you need Eric ? "

" can't think of owt , all in my head animal , si thi tomorrow "
    GG Order me some kit and some boots and fax them down to Swansea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast