+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the next few weeks

the next few weeks

We will see things unfold, reading between the lines, im not sure Rafa has been lied to.
    The fat man has given him assurances on the finances which Rafa deemed acceptable.
    NOW the reports are that Rafa is unhappy about what he has been given.
    Ashley will have no doubt have decieved him but not lied to him.
    Like saying we will get 100+m just for being in the prem, and all proceeds from sales.
    BUT the prem cash is payed in installments and he wont be given it all up front in 1 go.

The bloke has had 3 transfer windows and has been shafted in 2 of them.
    Either way , we have a world class manager who is unhappy and feels he has been given false promises.
    THIS is where we have form, Keegan and Shearer said the same, only the Fat mans lap dogs have kept quiet.
    No matter what, he will be leaving sooner rather than later.
    If West Ham lose their next few games and sack Billic, Rafa will be off like a shot if they want him.
    Ashley has basically given every top flight club accross europe with any ambition the green light to come and get Rafa.
    His name will be mentioned everytime a manager is under pressure to keep their job, and the likelyhood is Rafa will be interested in all of them, as we refuse to show any ambition and the owner saying we kant compete with teams we should blow out of the water..

FFS Leeds were offering 18m for Gayle and we didnt even try to get Bony for 12m, Swansea, Bournmouth, Stoke, WBA etc are a more attractive option to players than we are.

Ive said it before, we will end up with Pardew by Christmas, im convinced of it

Pardew will be working on a new dance jig as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Pardew will be working on a new dance jig as we speak.
    IF RAFA MOVED ON then the only reason Ashley would appoint Pardew again is to spite the supporters.

Oh hang on. That alone would be reason enough for Ashley.

Rafa is as good as gone.

I wont blame him, he can(should) go to a club with a limited budget but with ambition. That last part is something that went out the door when Ashley walked in.

He deserve better than this shoite

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    IF RAFA MOVED ON then the only reason Ashley would appoint Pardew again is to spite the supporters.

If that happened then I'd be in no doubt as to his motives.
    However, I don't think he has any motives to the detriment of this club.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    Rafa is as good as gone.

I wont blame him, he can(should) go to a club with a limited budget but with ambition. That last part is something that went out the door when Ashley walked in.

He deserve better than this shoite
    Which club has a limited budget but ambition enough for Rafa to exploit it?
    This club is 5 minutes back from the championship.
    5 MINUTES.
    We've bought in players that promise a lot more than their cost. Players that rafa can take credit for if they do.
    What Have Huddersfield bought and also Brighton that gives them any more of a chance than we have?

Clubs have went out and spewed silly money on players that promise them nothing and could deliver a nightmare.
    If Rafa's not happy with what went on and he feels robbed then let him walk right now.
    If he doesn't walk right now then he has no other reason not to just carry on and do his utmost with the players that HE bought in to do a job for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post

Honestly Bill, it wouldn't surprise me if he's already had a discreet word with him, as he ticks ALL of Ashley's boxes.
    Last edited by Kal; 01-09-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Honestly Bill, it wouldn't surprise me if he's already had a discrete word with him, as he ticks ALL of Ashley's boxes.
    Ashley wants a Yes man and Rafa doesnt fit the bill anymore now promotion has happened . Coupled with the fact Rafa is open to the press and the wider world are getting the info on how Ashley runs the club. Pardew never uttered a word , took his million a year n smiled like an idiot. I fear you could be right Pardew part deux.

Pardew will never come back here - not after we made our feelings so clear.
    Personally I think Rafa will stay (and not just because he has to-allegedly- pay a rumoured 5 mil if he breaks his contract). I think he feels enough of a responsibility to us and to his staff to stay, at least for the meantime. Will be very interested to hear what he has to say on our business this window and whether Ashley's pet lawyer will be able to put a muzzle on him.

I think he's said enough now that even if muzzled everybody knows how he feels. Which may have been his plan all along in making sure that the world knows so if we go down he'll be able to say well i wasn't given what i needed.

Or i might be reading to much into it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)