+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: so now we know our squad

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Seriously ??? ****in 'ell, I think it's' a shame the whole squad weren't born within 30 miles of Elland Road, but this is 2017, not 1917........
    Yes, seriously. I don't expect them all to come from a stones throw of Elland Road, or Yorkshire, or even England, but to have 5 players in the squad who are from the UK, and for some of those to be starting from the bench, if named in the 1st team at all, just reminds me of the likes of Chelski, Arsenal, Sh1tty, Scum, etc who have gone down that route and whos fans we used to chastise as "plastic".

How are Leeds fans who turn out week in, week out, to cheer on Wiedwald, Alioski, Saiz, Lasogga, Grot etc etc any different?

Just what is wrong with you?
    Walk round Leeds city center [Oh sorry forgot you live 250 miles away] or Southampton city center, and tell me how many johnny foreigners you encounter at any time of day FFS - go down the leagues and you will find whole squads without a single johnny foreigner in them - basically because the better - cheaper - footballers come from all over the world - we live in a cosmopolitan society and our football teams reflect that - despite everything how many "English" players did we actually get rid of this close season? And how many of them where considered better than the ones that replaced them? with the possible exception of your favorite moan - Green I can't think of one - so basically we have got rid of a few foreigners, and replaced them with a lot of foreigners - and look a better team for it.

Get yourself down to Eastleigh and watch a load of Englishmen kicking a ball about ....apart from Bondz N'gara, Alefe Santos, Ayo Obileye ......I know I watched them a couple of weeks ago while in Chandlers Ford for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Yes, seriously. I don't expect them all to come from a stones throw of Elland Road, or Yorkshire, or even England, but to have 5 players in the squad who are from the UK, and for some of those to be starting from the bench, if named in the 1st team at all, just reminds me of the likes of Chelski, Arsenal, Sh1tty, Scum, etc who have gone down that route and whos fans we used to chastise as "plastic".

How are Leeds fans who turn out week in, week out, to cheer on Wiedwald, Alioski, Saiz, Lasogga, Grot etc etc any different?
    My version of plastic is someone who doesnt go week in week out but constantly moans about everything under the sun to do with the club,

I turn up and pay my money ( Only live 40mins from the ground) but still spend a fortune,In an ideal world we all would like our squad to be local lads but as someone mentioned this is 2017 so who gives a feck who is in our squad/team, we will still have our favourites ( Mine is Siaz as i said before he kicked a ball he will be the find of the season) As long as they entertain me and try to play the right way and have passion for the cause then its fine by me.

WTF you are embarrasing yourself with this comment its clear you dont like what has been brought in so why bother supporting the team in this time,

Early days but exciting times feeling optimistic, Need a home win to really kickstart us with more confidence..

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  9.5 KB

I'd love for our team to be Carson Byram Taylor lees kilgallon Lennon rose milner delph poleon and Elliott, IF thy were all good enough, however 3 of them aren't, and the rest before them are pretty much retired, so let's get real here, half the squad are English Scottish welsh n.Irish r.Irish either by birth or who they're capped for, and the other half are foreign, seems pretty balanced to me, for us to have a squad of 20-30 players all English by birth would cost the club around 100million quid under the current market, a squad capable of promotion that is, wtf why not list your favoured 11 of English players in championship plus 7 English sub's, has to be a genuine formation, and then check their transfer price, then maybe you'll realise it ain't affordable!

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    Name:  index.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  9.5 KB

???.Not sure who this is meant for..

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Pretty sure it's nothing to do with you pete - maybe at a guess our resident doom monger?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Pretty sure it's nothing to do with you pete - maybe at a guess our resident doom monger?
    Did hope so haha.We all have a moan now and again but WTF is beyond a joke and doesnt come across as a true leeds fan which is sad,

Dont bother replying WTF to this i dont like reading books..

Did hope so haha.We all have a moan now and again but WTF is beyond a joke and doesnt come across as a true leeds fan which is sad,

Dont bother replying WTF to this i dont like reading books..
    Don't spoil it for me Pete (you can read books?)! After all, why wouldn't you want me to embarrass myself again?

"true Leeds fan". You know what that means? Ah, I know, someone who says they "turn up and pay my money ( Only live 40mins from the ground) but still spend a fortune" (ring any bells?), irrespective of what the club does. And obviously your definition of a "plastic fan" is absolutely spot on, yeah, as if!

As for the comment from Tich "Walk round Leeds city center [Oh sorry forgot you live 250 miles away] or Southampton city center, and tell me how many johnny foreigners you encounter at any time of day FFS" True, very true, and.......

"The 2011 census recorded 7,337,139 foreign-born residents in England, corresponding to 13.8 percent of the population". Now I know things have changed a bit in the six years since, but is anyone here suggesting that we now have 90% foreigners as representing current UK population? I think not.

Again, no-one answers the question, "5 of the 20+ squad are from the UK, and how many will get regular 1st team appearances (given that there are "benchwarmers" in that list)?

And even less...."How are Leeds fans who turn out week in, week out, to cheer on Wiedwald, Alioski, Saiz, Lasogga, Grot etc etc any different (from all the fans we used to rip the ar5e off, who support their chequebook created teams)?

I never said I wanted a squad or team made up of those from the UK, just a few more who represent the future of English/UK football, but apparently thats not "flavour of the month"

BTW, "embarrassing"? Nah, you can have your opinion, I have mine, end of.

sorry Pete, as Tichi says, it wasnt aimed at you, just showing my exasperation at this thread going the same way as all others.........

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)