+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitrovic

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Oh I did read the original post and I also believe that Rafa doesn't rate him. If a decent offer came in this window he would be gone I would trust Rafas assessment of Mitro above anyone in here

We paid 13 million fir him 3 seasons ago and till now he ain't done anything to impress me, in fact his last sending off totally depressed me.

In the real world all this badge kissing means sweet phuck all but keep the faith.
    I'm not interested in badge kissing, either. I'm also not interested in a player pledging his allegiance to the club as any sort of certificate that he's a top player.
    I'm interested in what a player can actually do on that pitch if given the right ingredients to succeed.
    Mitrovic needs help with his ticks, just like lots of players do, including Shelvey, Costa and a whole host of players I could mention...some of which seem to get away with what Mitrovich and Shelvey never would.

Anyway, that's one thing but the reality is that Mitrovich can certainly do an excellent job for us and gives opposition teams the dread.
    He's not built for speed and never was bought for it.
    The man is a beast. He's a battering ram with a lot more quality about him than some people are willing to admit or even see.

Rafa might not like him. Rafa might want rid of him. I don't know for sure, but I'm not in control of any of that and have no power to stop a sale, no more than I have the power to stop him being sent off or giving him more starts.

I do have the power to see that he could be a massive asset to us if nurtured correctly.
    His major issue is in him having his cards marked by many ref's and pundits who will scrutinise any minor issue, because that's what scum do.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I'm not interested in badge kissing, either. I'm also not interested in a player pledging his allegiance to the club as any sort of certificate that he's a top player.
    I'm interested in what a player can actually do on that pitch if given the right ingredients to succeed.
    Mitrovic needs help with his ticks, just like lots of players do, including Shelvey, Costa and a whole host of players I could mention...some of which seem to get away with what Mitrovich and Shelvey never would.

Anyway, that's one thing but the reality is that Mitrovich can certainly do an excellent job for us and gives opposition teams the dread.
    He's not built for speed and never was bought for it.
    The man is a beast. He's a battering ram with a lot more quality about him than some people are willing to admit or even see.

Rafa might not like him. Rafa might want rid of him. I don't know for sure, but I'm not in control of any of that and have no power to stop a sale, no more than I have the power to stop him being sent off or giving him more starts.

I do have the power to see that he could be a massive asset to us if nurtured correctly.
    His major issue is in him having his cards marked by many ref's and pundits who will scrutinise any minor issue, because that's what scum do.
    I think you will find that SCUM elbow fellow players in the face off the ball for no reason whatsoever

Yeah he needs nurtured alright, probably ok for a cameo 89th minute substitution role other than that we're stuck with him till January at least.

And by then all the big boys will be falling over themselves to sign our self proclaimed Superhero

I think you will find that SCUM elbow fellow players in the face off the ball for no reason whatsoever

Yeah he needs nurtured alright, probably ok for a cameo 89th minute substitution role other than that we're stuck with him till January at least.

And by then all the big boys will be falling over themselves to sign our self proclaimed Superhero
    He didn't elbow the player.
    The player made a massive meal of it but it still doesn't mean Mitro was innocent and only has himself to blame for putting himself in that position.
    I have no doubt, in time, that many of the big boys will be falling over themselves to sign him.
    Hopefully by him doing the business for us.
    Time will tell.
    Calling him scum is way over the top though.

So what does that make Shearer, for stamping on Neil Lennon?

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    So what does that make Shearer, for stamping on Neil Lennon?
    a tw@t!!! he kicked him in the face....

Could only improve it.

He didn't elbow the player.
    The player made a massive meal of it but it still doesn't mean Mitro was innocent and only has himself to blame for putting himself in that position.
    I have no doubt, in time, that many of the big boys will be falling over themselves to sign him.
    Hopefully by him doing the business for us.
    Time will tell.
    Calling him scum is way over the top though.
    Three independent referees seemed to think he did elbow him and for what reason.

Rafa is a very wise man he won't give him anymore game time unless injuries force his hand.

Three independent referees seemed to think he did elbow him and for what reason.

Rafa is a very wise man he won't give him anymore game time unless injuries force his hand.
    Independent referees?
    You've seen the footage Terry.
    Mitrovic was guilty of a foul but there was clearly no elbowing, so the independent ref's were not acting independently; more likely as judges that had already made up their minds about elbowing.

If that player was elbowed he would not be sat on the floor rubbing his cheek before getting back up with absolutely no evidence of any real contact, at all.

There's much much worse on the pitch in almost every game that goes unchecked.
    Mitro's major issue is not grasping that he's under SEVERE scrutiny and a marked man, by players and officials, plus a heavy helping of pundit bias to go along with media hype and frenzy.

It's strange how, in a successful team or a reasonably successful team, those players that are revered and do a lot worse than mitro ever did, are known as legends and hero's and anything they done was because the opposition done this and that and deserved it...and so on.

In a team that's struggling along and a club that's not exactly thought of in high regard, players like Mitro become psychopathic monsters and require extensive therapy.
    Football is a funny old game and getting funnier as time goes on.
    I'd laugh if it wasn't so serious.

Independent referees?
    You've seen the footage Terry.
    Mitrovic was guilty of a foul but there was clearly no elbowing, so the independent ref's were not acting independently; more likely as judges that had already made up their minds about elbowing.

If that player was elbowed he would not be sat on the floor rubbing his cheek before getting back up with absolutely no evidence of any real contact, at all.

There's much much worse on the pitch in almost every game that goes unchecked.
    Mitro's major issue is not grasping that he's under SEVERE scrutiny and a marked man, by players and officials, plus a heavy helping of pundit bias to go along with media hype and frenzy.

It's strange how, in a successful team or a reasonably successful team, those players that are revered and do a lot worse than mitro ever did, are known as legends and hero's and anything they done was because the opposition done this and that and deserved it...and so on.

In a team that's struggling along and a club that's not exactly thought of in high regard, players like Mitro become psychopathic monsters and require extensive therapy.
    Football is a funny old game and getting funnier as time goes on.
    I'd laugh if it wasn't so serious.
    I watched the game live mate on Bein Sports HD11 and as soon as I saw the off the ball incident Iive without a replay I said to my mate that's him banned for 3 games.

The lad has been here 3 season and as Supermac said he has learnt nothing. I don't dislike Mitro but playing with a big heart is not the answer. Both him and Shelvey need to go to anger management as they have both let the Club and fans down on many occasions.

This give them one more chance could result in us getting relegated

I watched the game live mate on Bein Sports HD11 and as soon as I saw the off the ball incident Iive without a replay I said to my mate that's him banned for 3 games.

The lad has been here 3 season and as Supermac said he has learnt nothing. I don't dislike Mitro but playing with a big heart is not the answer. Both him and Shelvey need to go to anger management as they have both let the Club and fans down on many occasions.

This give them one more chance could result in us getting relegated
    Have a look at how many times Shelvey and Mitrovic have been sent off since they joined us and also bear in mind the positions they both play.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)