+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Takeover What Do You Want To See ?

I have a mate who's stopped posting on here because he said it was like trying to butt into private conversations and I've often wonder if what jonnyboy and my mate have said is one of the reasons the popularity of this forum seems to have dropped?
    Personally I can take or leave the 'owd Sam' banter, mostly I just skip over it but it's a pain in the backside trying to skip it to get back to posts on the original topic of the thread.
    It's a pity we can't have an 'owd Sam' thread and leave the footy threads to footy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I have a mate who's stopped posting on here because he said it was like trying to butt into private conversations and I've often wonder if what jonnyboy and my mate have said is one of the reasons the popularity of this forum seems to have dropped?
    Personally I can take or leave the 'owd Sam' banter, mostly I just skip over it but it's a pain in the backside trying to skip it to get back to posts on the original topic of the thread.
    It's a pity we can't have an 'owd Sam' thread and leave the footy threads to footy.
    I don't understand that because we all started on here at various times and from a position of joining up with no history .

Best analogy I can come up with is that it's possibly like when you start a new job , everyone is familiar with everyone else but you don't know anyone , you stick with it and after a while you find your feet .

If anyone feels like your mate did then its not done purposely , you just have to ease your way in and given a little time you'll find your feet .

What's latest with takeover?
    Currently just of coast of Alaska so not up to date and difficult to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Nothing to report as yet mate , rumours doing the rounds of a new stadium but as I say it's just rumour at the moment .

I suppose this is the point I wanted to make originally. If you want to run a joke thread, go ahead. But if you have a serious thread don't throw in a string of joke stuff and go completely off topic.

Doggs and Jonners,

Thu wo these blokes who were brickies and worked with the same small construction firm fo years. They got through the days with a bit of banter. They were on a new site building some low walls and these blokes arrived looking at their work and listening to what they were joking about. One pipes up and says, "Those walls are sh1te. also I don't like the way you talk to each other". They were cordially welcomed by those already on the site and from then on they worked seriously on tasks without a joke being cracked. The days seemed to stretch out for ever and eventually they left the site leaving the new blokes to cover all the work.

My answer to your problem is to for you to flood this message board with serious posts devoid of humour and the ex posters you speak of will come flooding back in droves.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-09-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Saw Mrs Cryne driving back from the match with someone asleep in the front seat. Looked like James .

There were no Chinese sat in the back from what i could see !

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Doggs and Jonners,

Thu wo these blokes who were brickies and worked with the same small construction firm fo years. They got through the days with a bit of banter. They were on a new site building some low walls and these blokes arrived looking at their work and listening to what they were joking about. One pipes up and says, "Those walls are sh1te. also I don't like the way you talk to each other". They were cordially welcomed by those already on the site and from then on they worked seriously on tasks without a joke being cracked. The days seemed to stretch out for ever and eventually they left the site leaving the new blokes to cover all the work.

My answer to your problem is to for you to flood this message board with serious posts devoid of humour and the ex posters you speak of will come flooding back in droves.
    SB, as I read the post I don't think Jonny was against the humour on the threads I think it was more of how far it went before it got back onto what the thread was about. As for me I've got a Barnsley accent as thick as the TOWIE fan club and proud of it and I love some of the banter that gets posted on this forum providing it doesn't take over the thread ( as we're doing here) but I must admit I sometimes lose patience deciphering the owd Sam posts and move onto another thread or worse still another forum.

SB, as I read the post I don't think Jonny was against the humour on the threads I think it was more of how far it went before it got back onto what the thread was about. As for me I've got a Barnsley accent as thick as the TOWIE fan club and proud of it and I love some of the banter that gets posted on this forum providing it doesn't take over the thread ( as we're doing here) but I must admit I sometimes lose patience deciphering the owd Sam posts and move onto another thread or worse still another forum.
    Wi towing aar tripe art nar wi this wun Doggs. Am leaving it nar. A can't see owt changing mi owd.

Mister Lee Why you crappin ? Red men draw so I crap.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-09-2017 at 07:18 PM.

getting a tad worried seems to have gone quiet

even the rumours are silent.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast