+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Takeover What Do You Want To See ?

Some fowk come on forum and want to stop " Happy Time" threads about the new relationship with Chinese people
    Mr Ree he say that people cliticising should go to other place to shop.
    We all welcome new people on this board and if you aren't confident to post, then don't!
    It's repetitive
    It's the same same juvenile humour,
    Same reminiscing
    Same, Same, Same

It's what WE all like
    Your welcome here. Everyone is.
    But it won't change. Join in cos..
    . it'll never change.
    We've just had a "New topic" to discuss and it just so happens to be lasting "long time"

Wait while we talk about Pork Pies again......
    for the thousandth time
    Lol!!!

we just have to weigh it up, on the one hand, questionable human rights record, on the other, chicken balls with curry sauce and spesh fried rice, i say "ni hao" and an extra satay sauce. I LOVE CHINA.

Won't happen the council want 25million for the land at oakwell they class it as building land which ups the value , this will stop any deal according to a thread on Facebook if the lands worth 25million then who can blame the council for asking for that amount

Quote Originally Posted by tarnmad View Post
    Won't happen the council want 25million for the land at oakwell they class it as building land which ups the value , this will stop any deal according to a thread on Facebook if the lands worth 25million then who can blame the council for asking for that amount
    Experienced land venture capitalists-v- Barnsley Councillors

Who's your money on gerrin the best deal arta this ?

Quote Originally Posted by tarnmad View Post
    The council don't have a choice when it comes to selling land or anything else for that matter .

If the land under question and if true is independently valued at £25 million then the council cannot accept a penny less or they face sanctions and legal proceedings by central government .

This is the use of public assets and very different to private ownership where you can sell at whatever price you choose .

If Mister Lee ezzto pay a few extra million fo the Oakwell site he will reduce the planned football budget and/or charge the supermarket group/ housing developers a bit more. If Mister Lee can see a profit in all this it will go ahead.

I'm reliably informed that the council are vacating the office facility they hold behind the east stand irrespective of any takeover and moving up to Gateway Plaza .

This would offer any new owner an opportunity to free up that land for private enterprise without affecting the football side of the Oakwell site .

Personally speaking it wouldn't bother me too much to be honest as it's land we don't really use other than a bit of cheeky matchday parking and short cut access .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 10-09-2017 at 12:36 PM.

All this is up to men in suits personally I'm not bothered which way it goes won't stop me hopefully enjoying rest of season

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm reliably informed that the council are vacating the office facility they hold behind the east stand irrespective of any takeover and moving up to Gateway Plaza .

This would offer any new owner an opportunity to free up that land for private enterprise without affecting the football side of the Oakwell site .

Personally speaking it wouldn't bother me too much to be honest as it's land we don't really use other than a bit of cheeky matchday parking and short cut access .
    It's all coming together. Mr Lee is paying a bit mooar so he can clear the whole site ready for development. A sed all this would happen weeks ago and was scoffed at. Dun't come ruerrin to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's all coming together. Mr Lee is paying a bit mooar so he can clear the whole site ready for development. A sed all this would happen weeks ago and was scoffed at. Dun't come ruerrin to me.
    Plenty of land between ardsley and darfield for a new stadium , I'll be able to walk there in five minutes , happy days .

Dunt be parking ya mondeos on r estate either you lot , might rent ya mi drive for a tenner a game but rest on ya be warned :-) :-) :-)

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast