+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Takeover What Do You Want To See ?

It's goowin to happen no matter wat we think or want , am not shoor missen abart all this , if it's the best offer ? Let's give it a try ! As long as we have a club I aint bothered , It's out of our hands anyway , relax and let the good times roll Forza di Reds UTFLWG

We'll be ok then?
    Still no goalscorers, or creativity, and an inexperienced defence.
    We could have some catching up to do.
    Other teams down there will also be investing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    We'll be ok then?
    Still no goalscorers, or creativity, and an inexperienced defence.
    We could have some catching up to do.
    Other teams down there will also be investing.
    I dont know hodger how we will go till the window opens but I believe we are better placed to deal with this season with decent investment behind us rather than limiting ourselves to the bargain bucket every window .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    It's goowin to happen no matter wat we think or want , am not shoor missen abart all this , if it's the best offer ? Let's give it a try ! As long as we have a club I aint bothered , It's out of our hands anyway , relax and let the good times roll Forza di Reds UTFLWG
    One or two roma are clearly going to be looking for the negatives no matter what , minds already made up without seeing what is what .

It was far from a bed of roses under PC for most of his tenure and if he gets what I suspect he will receive for BFC then he should have gone into venture capital years ago instead of software .

Sadly he possibly won't see the fruits of his labour which is a real shame .

So long as we dunt lose art am happy , followed our club too long for ennymoor crap , the administration thing broke my heart , horrible ! Dunt want that ageeun ! Times ev changed ! I ope it's for the better , good luck to the new owners , Remember the Fans tho

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Bear with me on this and I'm trying to look at it from another angle .

Let's say the NFL was watched in the UK by a TV audience of millions upon millions as the PL is in China and worldwide and Richard Branson bought the Miami Dolphins .

His Virgin brand would receive massive exposure because of the power of owning an NFL franchise .

Virgin and the Miami Dolphins would sit hand in hand and reach potential customers they normally wouldn't connect with .

Now the BFC brand in the championship to day isn't strong but it becomes transformed the moment it plays in the PL .

It's a bargain for Mr Lee and his consortium , yes they have to get the club promoted but that's reflected in the price he's probably paying .

A £100 million pound investment could yield three or four times that in new revenue for the consortium .
    I don't think they'll put big money in , just improve contract offers and give a bit more for the manager to spend . I'm convinced in a couple of years time the Championship will be providing big incomes for clubs like the premier league anyway. You've just got to look at the £600m Sky deal signed today for the Championship. Once these games are streamed live by Sky foreign countries like China will start buying rights so promotion wouldn't be the be and end all .

We're never short of talking points at this club that's fo sure

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I dont know hodger how we will go till the window opens but I believe we are better placed to deal with this season with decent investment behind us rather than limiting ourselves to the bargain bucket every window .
    Just playing you at your own game Animal.
    Total role reversal from start of the season when you said we'd more than likely go down, and I was looking more positively.
    I do have massive reservations about this takeover though, and I can't believe how much you and some other old sceptics have bought into it.
    I do know that PC wouldn't sell up and wash his hands of us if he was still in charge of us after another relegation. I'm not sure Mr Lee would too keen on being associated with a League 1 club. There are more questions than answers.

When tha thinks how much money is filtered darn into this league through the relegated club's and their parachute payments then it's unly a matter o time before this league becomes massive. Who'd a thort 10 years ago that a player in the championship would be dragging 100k a week? It's gone barmy

We hold the title of the most seasons in the 2nd tier that's where we belong in the future who knows the only way is up 🎵🎵🎵

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast