+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The Takeover What Do You Want To See ?

Cantha pick mi lotttry numbas SB " Sowerby's orn Mystic Meg ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Cantha pick mi lotttry numbas SB " Sowerby's orn Mystic Meg ,
    Tha can't call me Captain Hindsight.

A got some stick on here from some when they were abart to rock up by saying they could be dodgy and summat wont reyt.

It didn't have to be this way did it , not all foreign owner's are bad people .

These are bad people who happen to be foreign owners .

Plenty of local owners are bad , Oyston at Blackpool for instance .

Interesting reading that from 3 years ago. Ballax to UK Gold, we should do Tykeschat gold, one topic a week from yesteryear

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Interesting reading that from 3 years ago. Ballax to UK Gold, we should do Tykeschat gold, one topic a week from yesteryear
    None of us really knew at that time what we were getting , some of us were prepared to give em a chance and SB wasn't .

As its turned out SB was right not to so fair play to him .

What I will add is that this club at the time was desperate for new life breathing in to it because it was stagnating and had been for a good number of years .

Unfortunately for us today it still does because we copped for this lot .

The opportunity for new ownership foreign or local still exists to grow the club and take it up a level or two and ill give em the same chance that I gave this lot 3 years ago .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    None of us really knew at that time what we were getting , some of us were prepared to give em a chance and SB wasn't .

As its turned out SB was right not to so fair play to him .

What I will add is that this club at the time was desperate for new life breathing in to it because it was stagnating and had been for a good number of years .

Unfortunately for us today it still does because we copped for this lot .

The opportunity for new ownership foreign or local still exists to grow the club and take it up a level or two and ill give em the same chance that I gave this lot 3 years ago .
    Nowt wrong wi that Animal. However, I think the thought of having potential owners who are very wealthy as was the case 3 years ago led to many fans assuming certain things, ie money spending/investment which was fair enough.

As much as I'd like rid of the consortium, the question still stands though- Who would be prepared to take it on and no doubt pay even more for this club than the consortium actually paid back in 2017? The obvious answer is another foreign investor.

We crossed a certain threshold when the late Patrick Cryne sold to foreign businessmen, no turning back now in my opinion. Even if the consortium were to sell the club then I'm sure whoever came in to succeed them would be of a similar ilk and we could actually be worse off or even become defunct.

Realistically I think that we'll never have a Barnsley Football Club that we can identify with ever again, we've crossed that threshold and that's that unfortunately.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920