Collin 7. Three clean sheets in a row, caught crosses, anticipated , distribution decent.

Tootle 8 MOTM solid, overlapped, stopped their left back from being an attacking option. All round good game.

Brisley 7 Error free, unspectacular . How long since we've had one of those kind of players at centre half.

Duffy 7 Holds his own in a solid pairing.

Dickenson 6.5 Loved his lung busting overlap second half, shame about the cross ,but his effort and effectiveness was great to see.

Hawkridge . 7 Worked like a dog, overlapped well with Tootle and helped by ceaselessly tracking back.

Milsom 7. First start but you wouldn't know it. Slotted in very well.

Yates 7.5 He's becoming a cult hero, absolute monster for a nine**** year old. His shin bones must be made of iron. Bone hard midfielder.

Alessandro 7. He should have scored one tonight, took too long to get his shots off, but that's being harsh. He bothered Swindon all night and was a contender for MOTM for me.

Stead. 7. Played the target man role, put himself about, won the penalty and scored the winner. I'm pleased that he's got a team of willing workers around him after his last two seasons of selfless work , joining a club that was a shambles at the end of a good career . Now he's being supported on the pitch and they're all meeting his professional standard.

Forte 7 Like the rest of the team, he ran his legs off and offered us an out ball into the channels. Second half he occupied Swindon almost single handedly when we went deep.

Subs
Not on for long, but all knew what their job was.

Nolan 9. To make five changes to a winning team for a match against harder opposition was brave. To rest your best two players ( Hewitt and Jones ) and your top scorer from that team braver still.
To then get that team to play well, keep a clean sheet ....and win was pretty inspired.

I'm absolutely loving this teams work ethic and purpose. They deserve to do well , they're making their own luck.
I do worry that we're not scoring enough from open play when on top and really hope that this isn't a false dawn because it feels like we're building something here.