+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Fitba Books

Scottish Fitba Books

Anyone read any affa good eens? Any level, juniors, Heelan, League, pretty much read every Aberdeen book looking for more on the history of our game. Also looking for a book on Third Lanark if anyone knows of any

Any suggestions appreciated

I remember John White being killed on the golf course in 1964, and I picked up a copy of The Ghost of White Hart Lane which was pretty good. Quite emotional. Co-written by his loon who was the tiniest of tiny wee lads when White died, and Julie Welch.

There's a new Dons book at the printers and it should be available at the end of the week, from www.afcheritage.org and its eBay outlet. The club shop will probably stock it too.

Read the Eddie Turnbull autobiography a few years back and quite enjoyed it, particularly the Aberdeen stuff - obviously.
    It was quite interesting to learn about Hibs plans for world domination though, particularly around the famous 5 era. Pretty sure they were planning on something like a 70,000 capacity for Easter Road at one point. Mental!!

Cheers so far. I actually have Stramash in my kindle unread at the moment

I just read Ally Begg's book over a couple of days, it was a decent enough read.

Read hunners doon the years but canna mind them immediately

nae really a book but ive a nutmeg subscription. its full of scottish fitba stories, think they are calling it a periodical? recommended though...aboot all teams nae just the cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I remember John White being killed on the golf course in 1964, and I picked up a copy of The Ghost of White Hart Lane which was pretty good. Quite emotional. Co-written by his loon who was the tiniest of tiny wee lads when White died, and Julie Welch.

There's a new Dons book at the printers and it should be available at the end of the week, from www.afcheritage.org and its eBay outlet. The club shop will probably stock it too.
    He was our guest speaker at our Club Dinner a few years ago - very interesting although I doubt if the majority really knew who John White was.

Pointless by Jeff Connor about East Stirling a really good read and very funny in parts. It also reinforced my extreme dislike of Gretna and all that garbage about it being a fairy tale club.

This might have just been a dream because it seems unlikely but I think I might have read an autobiography by Archie McPherson which was surprisingly good.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast