+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: next sacking

All this has happened because of the plan yeah it put the club in a good financial state but obviously to loosing our best players and with the look of things nothings going to change so accept a struggle or relegation every season

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Based on results alone (forget about performances and which players were sold etc.), surely nobody would be surprised if Hecky got sacked. Disappointed yes/maybe, but certainly not surprised, and some former managers have been torn apart for this sort of bad run of results.

Hes got the 'excuses' of lack of money and lack of expectations on his side compared to managers at other clubs, but Im guessing hes almost at the dreaded vote of confidence stage now.
    how many other managers that are having a bad time of it have had their squad decimated twice in 18 months? even suggesting his name is beyond me...:confused

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    That's double what De Boer got

To Ponte & Acido- Your finger points at Hecky but did he sign ALL the players we have or were some players signed by someone else at the club? Hecky is head coach and not manager remember guys
    im pretty sure hecky had no say in any of the players.

As far as I can see Hecky still does have support from the majority, he certainly doesnt get boo'ed at matches does he and absolutely nobody is wanting him out as far as Im aware. The OP by YorkshireBorn on this thread suggested his name as a possible sacking presumably because of bad results, and I understand why he did so and I agree with his choice.

Anyway Im done commenting on this thread now as its going absolutely nowhere.
    Last edited by Acido; 26-09-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    im pretty sure hecky had no say in any of the players.
    I'm pretty sure he had some input

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Steve do you know who makes the signings at BFC because as usual we have no idea as it is shrouded in mystery
    isn't it? or can you say with confidence who decides?
    It's not really shrouded in mystery, there are people at the club with specific jobs which gives us an idea

Sacking Hecky would be madness. I saw the team at Spurs and we're not far off. Need to use our million pound man sooner rather than later if fully fit.

My prediction is that if we keep Hecky this team will finish higher than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It's not really shrouded in mystery, there are people at the club with specific jobs which gives us an idea

If it's not shrouded in mystery why would we only have an idea
    So who do you think ESR? because I don' know

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    "Yes we are fickle" (Acido)

Am not.

Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    If it's not shrouded in mystery why would we only have an idea
    So who do you think ESR? because I don' know
    It's the same as at most clubs now it's not just your Harry Redknapp goes out and signing Peter Crouch. It's not as simple as who signs the players it's a joint decision.

My take would be it happens like this

The player recruitment team come up with a list of players who fit the bill

The Head of recruitment will decide along with Hecky and his assistant who they fancy

The Chief Scout will go and do his report

The Head Coach , Head of Recruitment and Senior Player recruiter and Head Scout will then decide who to target and give the list to GG the CEO

GG will try and sign the players if he thinks they are in our budget with PC probably saying what budget he can go up to and final sign off

That's the way I understand it .

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast