+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hall

Lewis Hall

Just rewatched the match this morning and kept an eye on Livramento and Hall..

We all know Livramento has stepped up but noticed how good Hall is.. he carried the ball brilliantly and some ***** interceptions..

I'd be happy with him as our permanent LB next season

He's improved massively and huge credit to Eddie Howe for keeping his nerve and not putting him in when he didn't feel he was ready.

It looked baffling at times given our defensive problems-both in terms of injuries and form-especially considering how much we paid for him.

He's only going to get better, too.

I'm with you there Tut.
    Slowly integrating Hall and Livramento into the set up looks to have benefit them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    He's improved massively and huge credit to Eddie Howe for keeping his nerve and not putting him in when he didn't feel he was ready.

It looked baffling at times given our defensive problems-both in terms of injuries and form-especially considering how much we paid for him.

He's only going to get better, too.
    And if he continues to progress his fee will look a complete snip as will Livramento's.
    And you're right Eddie deserves massive credit.

Agreed.

My reservations about him are he takes too long on the ball at times, and he seems like he is not fit enough/physical enough at times.

I do think him being left out of the team for so long has hurt his confidence, which could mean he is second guessing himself and slowing himself down.

I’d like to see him work on fitness’s and hit the gym over the summer and have a bit more to him to help defensively.

Going forward both Tino and Hall were instrumental in our first two goals, Tino rolling his marker and Hall with a superb cross field pass.

I’d love to see him finish the season as LB and work on it over the summer and in pre season… because I reckon it is only then we can really start to judge him and his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post

We all know Livramento has stepped up but noticed how good Hall is.. he carried the ball brilliantly and some ***** interceptions..

It seemed strange that Eddie kept him out so long. But it was due to defensive qualities, positioning etc which the coaches have been working on. TBF.. Eddie has always said he sees him having a long career here.

We have gone through some difficult times, I can understand not throwing him into the team when we were not playing well and conceding a lot as it could have hurt his confidence.

Love Tino and think he is ready to be first choice. However I think we need to buy a first choice LB to compete with Hall whilst Burn goes back to CB.

Tino is superb. A real threat from the RB position. Engine on him is insane. Delighted we've got him for the long term.

Regarding Lewis Hall, the lad is class!
    There was a lot of doubters when he wasn't playing or in the conversation 19 yrs old
    Eddie Held him back to get him right for the big time
    Everyone doubted EH and started to question everything
    look at the kid now, that brilliant cross field ball to set up the goal was world class. If that had been that Mai-no kid at the red filth the MSM muppets would not have stopped talking about it.

With Targett back fit next season, if the club decide to keep him, I believe they will. We'll have two excellent Prem Standard LBs.
    People seem to have forgotten how good Targett was for us when fit. He was Villa's player of the year the season before he joined us. I really rate the lad. Once he's had a full pre-season and regained full fitness from his ACL I don't think EH will want to have the headache of replacing him when we have bigger fish to fry in terms of recruitment higher up the pitch.

Lloyd Kelly is also another option we could attract to the Toon who can play that LB position.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Tino is superb. A real threat from the RB position. Engine on him is insane. Delighted we've got him for the long term.

Regarding Lewis Hall, the lad is class!
    There was a lot of doubters when he wasn't playing or in the conversation 19 yrs old
    Eddie Held him back to get him right for the big time
    Everyone doubted EH and started to question everything
    look at the kid now, that brilliant cross field ball to set up the goal was world class. If that had been that Mai-no kid at the red filth the MSM muppets would not have stopped talking about it.

With Targett back fit next season, if the club decide to keep him, I believe they will. We'll have two excellent Prem Standard LBs.
    People seem to have forgotten how good Targett was for us when fit. He was Villa's player of the year the season before he joined us. I really rate the lad. Once he's had a full pre-season and regained full fitness from his ACL I don't think EH will want to have the headache of replacing him when we have bigger fish to fry in terms of recruitment higher up the pitch.

Lloyd Kelly is also another option we could attract to the Toon who can play that LB position.
    There is a rabbit off with Targett.

Besides the injuries, he wasn't getting picked when fit. Eddie also stated that they had done a lot of work converting him to CM. Although I agree that he was good, I think his career here is over.

Think we need a first choice LB for Hall to compete with.

Both Burn and Kelly should be left sided CB's that CAN cover LB.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    There is a rabbit off with Targett.

Besides the injuries, he wasn't getting picked when fit. Eddie also stated that they had done a lot of work converting him to CM. Although I agree that he was good, I think his career here is over.

Think we need a first choice LB for Hall to compete with.

Both Burn and Kelly should be left sided CB's that CAN cover LB.
    Look at the way Eddie Howe uses players. Hall as an example, Bruno when he first joined (sure we were on fire in terms of form but he held the Brazilian back rather than throw him straight in) it's clear that Targett jus wasn't hitting the fitness levels in Training.

As you see when they take their match day shirts off, they are all wearing the GPS tracker crop tops. That data analysis will have lead the decision not to play Targett. They will look at the power output, Running intensity etc and based on that info they will select the squad / team.

Eddie & team are also very fair in terms of giving players the opportunity to fight for their place. Targett will be given every opportunity to remain at the club. However, should be bring in Lloyd Kelly and an offer comes in for Matt. Then I guess the club will strongly consider it.

However, as we have other positions that will 100% take priority over left back with the emergence of Hall during the run in, the deals for the Striker, RW, CB & possibly GK will take precedence.

Gonna be an exciting summer window that's for sure, however we cut it!

Howay the board!

Wouldn’t touch Kelly, too many muscular and hamstring injuries to play the fast paced aggressive football Howe plays.

Missed over 40 games with multiple injuries the last 2 seasons, and over the last 5 seasons nearly 90.

That Tosin is one to go after, but for LB I’d be happy seeing Hall and Targett compete… if necessary Tino could even step in if needed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)