+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumblings Of Discontent

Rumblings Of Discontent

At what stage was the first half of this season not going to be difficult , frustrating and full of inconsistency ?

Let's be clear , there isn't a player we've sold or allowed their contract to expire such as Scowen and Watkins that Hecky wanted to lose , start again young man , here's £6 million and nobody over 24 years of age , crack on !!!

Is he making errors ? , yes of course he is , how could he possibly not given the remit he's had to work with .

Personally I'd have fecked the job right off after Roberts went , any tax due on inheritance wouldn't include my career , tell you that for nowt .

For the most part we are in games , we aren't getting mullered every week , fine lines at the moment .

Just stay in the division that to me given what's occurred this year would trump the two wembley's and promotion with regard to achievement .

👍👍👍too true mate

He isn't changing the team though Animal. Certain lads are failing or being ineffective and are keeping their places in the squad whilst others haven't had a chance to shine.

We didn't sign Dimitri Cavare injured did we? Never got a chance after playing a blinder for Huddersfield against us in pre -season. Stevie Mallan we were tracking last season and was a first team regular north of the border. Mowatt was played on this wing instead of central against Bristol City and gets dumped even though he was seemingly good enough to make the bench in every other match before his loan move?

Pearson constantly found wanting at right back and isn't dropped until the QPR game. Then we have Mcgeehan one of two main summer signings back to fitness and warming the bench for Brad Potts. You couldn't make it up.

Don't let me get started about Thiam. WTF is going on there? Ugbo and Bradshaw aren't firing what does the bloke have to do? Taking Barnes off against QPR after he'd scored a worldy and leaving Potts on with a swelled up foot.

These rubbish tactics and substitutions were happening last season as well. Mowatt and Moncur should have been left to form an understanding instead we got Matty James in on loan. He should have been brought in as cover. Hedges should have been given a go up front. Watkins should have been played on the wing too. Let him sulk should av' been the remit.

Hecky has been making dubious calls for the last nine months. He's signed ump**** midfielders and was relying on our main signing until the last minute with no back up.(Mcburnie) That deal fell through. He could at least have tried to get in a striker at the top of the goal scoring charts off the Moneyball spreadsheet. He chose not to.

This isn't me being a keyboard warrior neither Animal. These are genuine concerns. I'd love it if I was invited to sit down with him and ask him quite frankly WTF he is playing at.

I wish we didnt have these serious and interesting threads on here, where we all get to discuss and argue the real nitty gritty bits surrounding the club.

For a start I reckon Hecky is the same as any other manager when it comes to certain favourites, and yes Id say Brad Potts is a good example of that.
    I dont know whether Dimitri Cavare is injured and thats another point as well, why on earth have we always had a history of signing crocked players or why do they get easily crocked as soon as they sign for us!.
    And Steve Mallan is a mystery to me, I just dont know what has gone on there and they are insisting its not homesickness which was first suggested. I think we were finally onto something last season with Moncur & Mowatt together, and while I rated Matty James it was clear we were never going to sign him. Mowatt must have stepped on Hecky's cat or something to have been shoved out in the cold like he has, and I reckon we've now seen the last of him in a reds shirt.
    As for Thiam, its a case of Mamadou who isnt it ?. We cant afford to be paying almost £1 mill for a striker, and then to go and play silly beggars with him and not even give him a kick. Especially when our other two 'strikers' cant hit the proverbial barn door between them at the moment. And I also think Ryan Hedges is another possible option up front as well with his height, we just cant keep making excuses and saying hes got no other option etc.
    And yes I know it wasnt his fault over the McBurnie thing but why did Hecky quite literally put all our striking eggs in that one basket. The deal fell apart and left us missing the type of player we've desperately needed for months now, that was rank naive bad management Im sorry to say.
    You say just staying up this season is or will be a massive achievement Animal, well Ive got to agree with that now and while it sounds naff, yes Id be delighted with 4th bottom even if it did come down to the final match again. Thats how hard this season is going to be as far as Im concerned.

Can't see where the goals and wins are coming from Acido. Might it be an idea to play Barnes as a striker as he has an eye for goal alongside Thiam who likes to lay it off or run at defenders. This team gives other lads who haven't had a chance a game over lads that clearly haven't performed.

My team would be:

Davies

Mccarthy Jackson Lindsay Fryers

Hammill, Mcgeehan, Williams, Mallan

Barnes, Thiam.

This gives you chance to have a proper look at Mallan and Mcgeehan. You have that added safety net of Moncur, Hedges, Bradshaw, Ugbo, Bird, Macdonald, Townsend on the bench.

More importantly though it would keep the team playing along the floor. Never been a fan of the old hoof up top. We haven't got the players to do it.

There isn't a manager in my time following this club that's had to deal with what he's face this year .

Nobody in the club's history including one hit wonder Wilson would fare any better in my opinion , Wilson signed 6 players in 96 and called it a rebuilding job and 3 of em were over thirty years of age at that .

Only the 97/98 season tops this season for difficulty for me with the age and relative experience of the squad .

I take it we weren't on Wilson's back in September 97 third bottom of the PL ....... were we ? .

Hecky is struggling of course he is , the real question is why is he struggling and the answer to that lies elsewhere .

Let's cut the lad some slack , he's earned it .

He's struggling because he's nine games in and still doesn't know his best 11 out of the players he has fit and his immediate disposal. I'll chuck another fly in the ointment. Aren't these players who he publicly said weren't good enough?

Yes there is a lot to contend with behind the scenes. However, some of it has been of his own making.

Eggs in one basket MC Burnie isn't going to solve our goal drought sign an experienced goal scorer and fk the PLAN and wage structure it just might keep us up Amen

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There isn't a manager in my time following this club that's had to deal with what he's face this year .

Nobody in the club's history including one hit wonder Wilson would fare any better in my opinion , Wilson signed 6 players in 96 and called it a rebuilding job and 3 of em were over thirty years of age at that .

Only the 97/98 season tops this season for difficulty for me with the age and relative experience of the squad .

I take it we weren't on Wilson's back in September 97 third bottom of the PL ....... were we ? .

Hecky is struggling of course he is , the real question is why is he struggling and the answer to that lies elsewhere .

Let's cut the lad some slack , he's earned it .
    all this is falling apart round hecky ears and a lot of this has happened since tommy left.

It's such a great plan we signed Hammill, White and Long

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast