+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The first 10 games

The first 10 games

Ok its 10 games into the season and as most fans say, lets give it at least 10 games before taking a look at the league table etc. We all have different expectations and hopes for each season of course, and Im interested to hear everybodys thoughts now after 10 games.

Heres our results stats so far...
    HOME: Pld 5, W 2, D 1, L 2, (7-7).
    AWAY: Pld 5, W 1, D 1, L 3, (6-8).

TOTAL: Pld 10, W 3, D 2, L 5, (13-15). Pts 11, Pos 18th.

It sounded like the formation worked perfectly today and yes I agree it sounded like it worked and deserved a draw last week at Wolves. I think the strikers are our main concern of course but if those 2 goals have given Bradshaw a confidence boost, then thats a good thing. And what pleases me most other than the result today, is Thiam got to play the last 20+ minutes and he stepped up to take and score the pen. Fingers crossed, Ive got hopes for this kid and I think he really does have goals in him.
    Last edited by Acido; 30-09-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Depends what mood PH is in who plays upfront

I said myself ten games in we would have a decent enough idea where we are, 18th place then, not the end of the world by any stretch, couple or 3 wins, a couple we should a won that we didn't, low points, Bristol, sheff Utd terrible. High points , forest home, Sunderland home and today. Were a million miles away from that shower turned up in Bristol. It'll do me so far. In Hecky we trust.

Did we all see the bits on Ch5 tonight, where Hecky talked about the frustration of when the ref chose to give the pen.
    And then they suggested our pen was a bad decision, what does Chris Iwelumo know exactly!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Did we all see the bits on Ch5 tonight, where Hecky talked about the frustration of when the ref chose to give the pen.
    And then they suggested our pen was a bad decision, what does Chris Iwelumo know exactly!!.
    I think the ref evened it up myself , as Hodger suggested in another post , Hecky blew his top and the ref knew he'd dropped a bolox because it's out of character for Hecky .

Neither were pens but for once it didn't matter .

Theres only so many times though Animal where teams can 'get away' with that sort of thing, where a manager/coach never normally reacts like that etc.
    I do naively think Hecky is genuine, but is that a good thing in the long run when other coaches/managers lie and cheat as much as they can, and gain all sorts of freebies like free kicks and pens. (allegedly!)
    Last edited by Acido; 30-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Theres only so many times though Animal where teams can 'get away' with that sort of thing, where a manager/coach never normally reacts like that etc.
    I do naively think Hecky is genuine, but is that a good thing in the long run when other coaches/managers lie and cheat as much as they can, and gain all sorts of freebies like free kicks and pens. (allegedly!)
    It's not cheating is it , it's playing the game , if the refs weak then play on it and get an advantage .

Fair play awards are for losers acido , too much at stake these days for playing the nice club card .

We need every point and every advantage we can get , going down with what's going on behind the scenes is unthinkable .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's not cheating is it , it's playing the game , if the refs weak then play on it and get an advantage . Fair play awards are for losers acido , too much at stake these days for playing the nice club card . We need every point and every advantage we can get , going down with what's going on behind the scenes is unthinkable .
    I'll take it Animal of course, if it means us scrapping for a few important points by 'not going with fair play' etc.
    Hey we might be better than that this season, we might not be scrapping for points after all ?!.

We dooin o'reyt as the squad begins to gel and Hecky ezza look at all his players and different set ups. Some interpret that as Hecky dithering but ah dun't.

The league positions of the teams wiv laiked tell their own tale--

LOST to--
    Wolves 2nd
    SheffU 3rd
    Bristol 5th
    Villa 7th
    Ipswich 8th

DRAWN with--
    Preston 6th
    QPR 16th

WINS over--
    Forest 12th
    Millwall 13th
    Sunderland 23rd

We're one win away from the top heyf a the league with one game in hand ovva mooist.
    SB happy but is Mister Lee happy? We'll find art sooin.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-10-2017 at 08:58 AM.

We really should have 3 extra points as well SB, after blowing it late on against Wolves & QP.Rangers.
    Who knows eh, this season might turn out alright after all but lets not get carried away. After 6 more games we'll be a third into the season already, doest time fly when your having a laff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast