+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wainwrights

Wainwrights

Evening All.

Me and Mrs 59-60 and our lab love to go fell walking.

When I retired in May we zeroed all the Wainwright peaks we had done and set about climbing all 214 of them.

Our latest score is 37, which, weather permitting, will become 42 this Saturday when we tackle the Langdale Pikes.

Any fell walkers out there?

Yep,I've done quite a few in the Lake District ..Helvellyn beng my favourite .. Would love to do some of the Munros up in Scothland,but can't get the missus to go up there,she says it's always cold and raining..lol

Yes Alf, same here.

But buggering off to Scotland to climb a hill is a big undertaking.

We are really enjoying our project. Still to do Helvellyn but we have done it many times in the past.

Scafell Pike and Haystacks are my favorites (so far!)

Was in Wales for three weeks and managed to get some fell walking in , but nothing to serious ..think the grit Orme was the biggest we did..weather was Schite 59/60

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Yes Alf, same here.

But buggering off to Scotland to climb a hill is a big undertaking.

We are really enjoying our project. Still to do Helvellyn but we have done it many times in the past.

Scafell Pike and Haystacks are my favorites (so far!)
    not for us,we just jump into the Motorhome and set off.. I'm still working on her for next spring/summer break though..

It all sounds like hard work to me,all that trekking uphill for hours only to get to the top and head back down again,valuable time missed in the pub imo
    I'm off to Cornwall on the 15th,booked a week in Penzance but that will be just a base,anyone got any interesting coastal towns to visit?

We were chatting to a couple on the summit of Great Gable a couple of weeks ago. They were just about to complete the 214 the next day by climbing Scafell Pike.

A couple of years ago they sold their house in Cornwall and bought a motorhome, in which they have been living ever since.

Great idea, no proper electric, gas, water bills or Council Tax.

After completing the Wainwrights they were planning to do some walking in Wales.

Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    It all sounds like hard work to me,all that trekking uphill for hours only to get to the top and head back down again,valuable time missed in the pub imo
    I'm off to Cornwall on the 15th,booked a week in Penzance but that will be just a base,anyone got any interesting coastal towns to visit?
    Nice is Penzance Chalky..a lovely walk on the beach front and across the stones to St David's.. (As long as the tide is out.lol ) enjoy

What or where is St Davids?

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    I quite like Weymouth,it's a very old fashioned seaside town with harbour decent walks etc..The open top bus ride during the summer to Portland Bill is something else ( Free for us pensioners Chalky) ..Worth at least five days there.. Dorchester is nearby along with other places.. The Swannery at Abbotsbury is well worth a trip if you are a bird lover .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)