+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whale Vomit

When I first read the post title I thought it was a review of England’s……cough, cough, choke, choke…..’performance’ in yesterdays World Cup qualifier.

I had absolutely no idea whale vomit was a precious commodity, found on the beach in Morecambe, no less. Oy vey, who knew?

Is the Morecambe and Wise statue still there? It was the last time I visited 4 years ago.

I will piss myself if they tell 59-60 that its not whale vomit but whale s#@t

No, I don't suppose many people know the full details about whale vomit.

I agree, Englands performance was vomitesque, but not whale vomitesque.

Yes, Eric is still here but he is on his own. He was born here.
    Ern (the one with the short fat hairy legs) has never had a statue here.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

My apologies, you’re obviously correct, it is a statue of Eric solo, the memory is failing me I guess. Last time I was over an old pal of mine, living in Lancaster, took me on a day tour of the old haunts. Lake District (drunk and disorderly at Queens Head in Troutbeck back in the day), Blackpool, Southport and Morecambe.

Good memories.
    Last edited by exilecanada; 06-10-2017 at 07:23 PM. Reason: added a bit

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    No, I don't suppose many people know the full details about whale vomit.

I agree, Englands performance was vomitesque, but not whale vomitesque.

And straight across Morecambe bay you have the statues of the most famous comedians the world has known ..?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    And straight across Morecambe bay you have the statues of the most famous comedians the world has known ..?
    Laurel and Hardy!

Yes!

Earlier this year they brought the Laurel and Hardie statue across from Ulveston and placed it next to Eric on Morecambe prom.

I don't know what the occasion was though.

Yes, Stan Laurel was born right opposite Eric Morecambes birthplace,straight across the bay.

Thora Hird was born in Morecambe as well.

Albert Modley "Wait till I get my cart right Mr Cartwright" and "Eeh! I could eat a meat pie" adopted Morecambe as his home but was born in (cough) Yarkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Yes, I am!

We get a lot of it here in Bolton. The Whale family are always gathered outside Wetherspoons inebriated and having a fag.

Come closing time the Whale family accumulated vomit in the road stinks to high heaven.

On a more serious note, bag it and nip it home and wait for clarification.
    BT. There were some photos of the family in last weeks Bolton Evening News under the story title “Prints of Whales”. Near enough made me sick.

drunk and disorderly at Queens Head in Troutbeck

Thank you, you have brought back many happy memories, I used to go camping in a field nearby to the Queens Head pub.
    Is it still open as a pub ?

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Drunk and disorderly at Queens Head in Troutbeck

Thank you, you have brought back many happy memories, I used to go camping in a field nearby to the Queens Head pub.
    Is it still open as a pub ?
    It was the last time I was there, although my pal and I were the only customers in the place when the picture was taken, early afternoon, camera was still on Ontario time.

Yup…….. it was raining.

It wouldn’t surprise me if you camped in the same field as us lot back in the day, about a 20 minute walk down the hill, opposite the pub?

[IMG] [/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)