+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Argument

"Same with Trident, the Lefties want to scrap it, well scrap it if you want, but don't moan when thousands lose their jobs and whole areas of the country are blighted with unemployment. You can't have it both ways."

The point is that they are employed in making something that is totally useless. If we spent the same amount of money (and actually MORE jobs than Trident because they are very highly paid), we could solve most of our domestic problems.

Or...we could employ them to make chocolate teapots - just as useful as Trident.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Sinkov
    But didn’t the lefties vote for Trident
    59 or so of the 117 objectors were SNP from the country where these things are based and serviced and where lots would be put out of work. So at most then 58 might have been Labour though I guess Lib Dem’s made a significant number too.
    I suppose it depends what you mean by lefties OC, most of the grown ups in the Labour Party voted to keep it, but the usual suspects of the loony left wanted it scrapped. I'll name a few, no need really, we can all guess who they are, but nowt wrong with a bit of naming and shaming.

Corbyn
    Abbott
    Lammy
    Long-Bailey
    McDonnell
    Shah
    Skinner
    Clegg
    Farron
    Lucas

And of course, as you say OC, all the SNP fruitcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

The point is that they are employed in making something that is totally useless.
    No, the point is that they are employed.

And, a few minor skirmishes apart, we haven't been involved in a proper war for 71 years now. Which may, or may not, have something to do with Trident. I think it does, no doubt you will differ 59-60. I hope so anyway, the day we agree on anything I'll be expecting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to come riding into view at any moment.

Scrap Trident and get the shipyards building deep sea windfarms.

Ecological worries abated, power grid sorted, jobs for everyone - SIMPLES!

Why do we want to annihilate four million defenceless, innocent people in one go anyway? I'm with Corbyn, I couldn't press the red button either.

Maybe a meantion that poped in your mind ....''I'll be expecting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to come riding into view at any moment., but could be interesting and note the colours ??People have said things what they could be ? OK a new test for the fans now

A nice gift for winning it
    The four horsemen are symbolic descriptions of different events which will take place in the end times. ( There will be NO end times ...as yet) but,Just ''as if''

Each horseman is a harbinger of the death, destruction and disorder that will take place??

and the 'horses'? Each horseman is a harbinger of the death, destruction and disorder that will take @@white, red, black, and pale horses??''

White = China
    Red = Russia
    Black = India
    Pale = America

More ideas gentlemen??

Easy one this Balanbam00.

White = Boris Johnson
    Red = Michael Gove
    Black = Theresa May
    Pale = Philip Hammond

We are all doomed I tell thee, because trying to get a sensible answer from anyone of this lot is like trying to nail one of the wife's homemade jellies to the wall.

Easy one this Balanbam00......... no much simpler

White = the Yids
    Red = M U or Liverpool
    Black = the referee
    Pale =those pies you bought not well done eh?

Morning Sinkov, well, I think that we actually agree on loads of stuff - the Clarets for one so I am keeping a watchful eye out for the horsemen.

You say that the point is that many people are employed on the Trident project. I am saying use the £41 billion (plus running costs) and employ them in doing something worthwhile with it. And it's not as though there is a shortage of stuff to do, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

trying to get a sensible answer from anyone of this lot is like trying to nail one of the wife's homemade jellies to the wall.
    Sorry BT, could you just run that one past me again, the one about Barrow's shipyards building deep sea windfarms.

Underwater windfarms sounds novel, suggest we takeout a patent.

Aren’t these super green land windfarms killing lots of our birds and bats, wrecking the countryside landscape, making lots of noise for those who live nearby. They are also putting up our fuel bills and some businesses are making a killing, even from not generating electric when it’s too windy.

Oh but What would underwater ones do to our sea life and ships.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)