+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Never a bad state to be in when you're a Notts county supporter, to be fair!

I have to say though, I was sat pretty much in the middle of the Pavis stand not far from the tunnel when Noble got sent off (for the ump****th time) in his last game for us, after a foul so ridiculous it was comical, and the people around me were giving him dog's abuse as he left the pitch. The sentiment was that this was the absolute last straw and he should never darken our doors (or pitch) again. I would call that pretty much total disgrace.
    OK mate, I wasn't there....but I read the comments on here at the time and there was a little consternation....he cost us nothing....AH/KN clearly think that he's worth a punt....let's see how he gets on?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....BLE.

No way. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO way.

He's the type of player that could cost you the playoff final by getting sent off. Hope he proves me wrong.

Maybe Grant will be going back to the ****e? He's no replacement though. WTF are we doing???

I think the contract starting in January may work out ok as if I remember correctly he didn’t like working over Christmas

So now KN has is man. For me I just wish that he was playing in the national league till Jan at least he would be match fit

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Personally, I don't see LN as the bad guy in any of this. To my mind the very shifty Mr. Cooper is the one with some explaining to do regarding the shady way he went about conning Notts and getting Liam Noble to Forest Green in the first instance. That was the dodgy part IMHO. Mind you. I suspect he's having to do some major explaining to his new chairman down there right now.

I welcome young Mr Noble back to the Lane and wish him all the best with us. On his day he's undoubtedly a very skilful player. Let's hope he has his day on our matchdays from January onwards.
    Isn't it strange how supporters make excuses for a player after he signs for us? He left us after that pathetic sending off in the last game of the season to boos and calls to get rid. He as now left FGR under controversial circumstances but hey ho we have him so it is now ok. I wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Again Jackal....I agree.....the guy cost us nothing/nada.....he was the FGR captain last year when they were promoted.....we know he CAN be a good player.....BUT he has a short fuse......KN will lay it on the line, produce or leave....I honestly cannot see how anyone can be worried about his "signing"
    Because apart from red cards and suspensions his return may well undermine the team spirit that is being engendered. An example he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Maybe Grant will be going back to the ****e? He's no replacement though. WTF are we doing???
    He's more of a replacement for Yates, I would have thought. Replacing Grant could mean playing both Alessandra and Hawkridge.

As for the left Notts in disgrace and troublemaker allegations, I wasn't very impressed with us signing Daniel Jones but that's worked out OK, apart for the somewhat predictable injury.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 13-10-2017 at 07:31 AM.

This has to be one of Kevin Nolan's biggest challenges so far but he and Mr Hardy are outstanding man managers so I trust them to make this work. They both do their homework thoroughly before they make a move. They don't do knee jerk so they know precisely what they're getting. You know I think King Kev could have even sorted Izle McLeod out or is that it bit too extreme?
    Last edited by IluvNotts; 13-10-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    This is the only way I can make sense of it - KN is looking at Grant being recalled.
    I'm with all those unhappy that he's coming back - but he is a decent L2 midfielder and has goals in him (which we'll always need with our frontline). Maybe the more professional set up under Hardy and Nolan will bring the best out of him. All we can do is hope it works out like that and give him a fresh start

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast