+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ict

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMugs View Post
    Wonder if you and Gunboat will get an apology or at the very least an admission that you were spot on about McKinnon...doubt it
    His ego won't allow that

Pride often withholds due credit from wise counsel.

To me it looks like the ability (if any) of the players has been 'coached out of them.' There was never an out ball, formation whatever it was far too rigid. They always had at least 3 players around our lot when in possession (Liverpool used to use that to great effect in the 80s) why cant we use it now.

Robson totally roasted by Mulraney. 2nd goal they had 1 in the box and we had 4, you know it is going across the 6 yard box so at least defend your line. Durnan up front with 30 mins to go and N'Koyi on bench, whats that all about! In saying that he did as well as any of our forward, I think at one point I saw him running up the right wing!

ICT deserved their win, they attacked from the off and again we didn't, bar a few half chances in the first half, which Ridgers dealt with. it will now be interesting to see (subject to confirmation) if a new man at the helm will get this shower to play as they can and should do.

As for Ray, for such a great footballer in your day (and I bear you no ill will) I am disappointed that you let a coaching manual get in the way of a game that has to utilise the instincts of players in some part. But having seen some of the coaching at youth development first hand the SFA manual probably has been indoctrinated into a generation that will take years to undo or allow some adaptability.

huge indictmen of the squad McKinnon has assembled and his opinion of N'Koyi when he shoved Durnan up front, even worse when he took a winger off might have provided some service.

Lets face it, playing with 2 wide players and getting crosses in the box is probably more suited to having at least one Daly type player in the box alongside a McDonald/Keetings. Both Keetings and McDonald like to drop short, and spend a lot of there time with their backs to goal, that's not having a go at them, i think they are both useful players.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)