+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goalkeeper & Back Four Passing Stats From Saturday

Goalkeeper & Back Four Passing Stats From Saturday

I've only included the back four and goalkeeper because the point was made on another thread about hoof ball and not playing out from the back .

Total passes

111 out of the teams total of 411

Long Balls

Inaccurate Long Balls

Individual Breakdown

Adam Davies

13 passes 46% accurate

20 Long Balls

5 inaccurate

Jason McCarthy

29 passes 69% accurate

12 Long Balls

7 inaccurate

Adam Jackson

24 passes 63% accurate

5 Long Balls

2 inaccurate

Liam Lindsay

22 passes 57% accurate

11 Long Balls

2 inaccurate

Zeki Fryers

23 passes 46% accurate

8 Long Balls

1 inaccurate

Looks a bit of a mixed bag to me , not exactly hoofball but a million miles from Barca none the less .

Pep would be putting his head in the oven .

We lost possession around 40% ish everytime we hit it long from the back , that's too high in my opinion .

Williams drops too deep to collect ball then nobody makes any movement for him so he resorts to hoofing it too. Needs Moncur or Mallan as another outlet because although he's a tidy player Williams gets stuck for ideas. I'd go back to a five across Midfield with Mcgeehan the guy tasked with the job of ghosting into the box. I'm no Potts lover as you know. However, I thought we played well with a 5 against Middlesbrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Williams drops too deep to collect ball then nobody makes any movement for him so he resorts to hoofing it too. Needs Moncur or Mallan as another outlet because although he's a tidy player Williams gets stuck for ideas. I'd go back to a five across Midfield with Mcgeehan the guy tasked with the job of ghosting into the box. I'm no Potts lover as you know. However, I thought we played well with a 5 against Middlesbrough.

Every team that comes to Oakwell fancies it at the moment , they are bound to do , most of em have better players .

If they are playing more positively then the back four are going to be under pressure and hence why we are not playing out so much .

You start winning some games on the bounce and watch the opposition change , drop off to the half way line and condense the space , the back four can sit on the ball and smoke a cigar if they want .

We've got to earn the right to play out and change the visitors mindset .

I just think the problem would be solved if Mcgeehan and Williams were closer. There were times on saturday where Williams was playing alongside Lindsay. I'd get Lindsay playing it out and Jackson reads danger well enough to cover. Push Williams further forward doing what he does best putting a foot in in opposition half. Winning ball further up pitch.

It doesn't have to all go straight down middle when we go long either. Play Hammill and Barnes in down the channels. Take a load off Williams and Mcgeehan.

Tha'd hope Adam Davies would have a 100% pass accuracy rate ........wouldn't tha !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Tha'd hope Adam Davies would have a 100% pass accuracy rate ........wouldn't tha !!!!
    He passes it to me two or three times most games, and I'm int East Stand Upper.

The least Davies has to do the better Animal. He's given me heart palpitations this season with his distribution at times.

I just think sometimes we put ourselves under the cosh. Those three corners that led to the goal were down to rushed clearances.

A bit more composure without over playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    He passes it to me two or three times most games, and I'm int East Stand Upper.
    That's a long ball , dunt count goat

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We lost possession around 40% ish everytime we hit it long from the back , that's too high in my opinion .
    Agree! Good stats Animal. Even the kid behind me was moaning that we were giving the ball away too often. Its ok to play a higher percentage of long balls if you have a big strong target man, cos you know the ball will stick, but otherwise it's just a waste. It's not as if we were hanging on to a lead and clearing our lines... the long ball seemed to be our weapon of choice. Might be ok for Sheff Utd fans, but I like to think we're connoisseurs at Oakwell.

Aye we all like Cravendale pure filtered

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast