+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stevie May

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    "maynard got a goal"

in days gone by you could have been banned for posting stuff like his.
    Thanks DD
    I did actually get a chuckle out of that

I hope he's not shoehorned into the team today. I think we won't see the best of him until next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I hope he's not shoehorned into the team today. I think we won't see the best of him until next season.
    Nah, he’ll be sub.
    It depends how the score is, but I imagine it’ll be on for Rooney after 70 minutes or so.
    When we pay £400k we shouldn’t be writing off a season for a player, but I take your point.
    He’s been a big let down so far, even before he got injured he looked like he was pulling an invisible tractor.
    A shadow of the “St Johnstone Stevie May” sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Nah, he’ll be sub.
    It depends how the score is, but I imagine it’ll be on for Rooney after 70 minutes or so.
    When we pay £400k we shouldn’t be writing off a season for a player, but I take your point.
    He’s been a big let down so far, even before he got injured he looked like he was pulling an invisible tractor.
    Well he needs to get back playing again soon, because if he doesn't, the fans will soon be back singing "Who the fvck is Stevie May?" as nobody will actually remember.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Nah, he’ll be sub.
    Big let down is a tad harsh,he has 4 goals and 5 assists in 19 games, not great but I wouldn’t say he has been a big let down.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on with McGinn in the team, remember Rooney has only started scoring regularly since McGinn has returned and it wasn’t that long ago a lot of people were posting on here that “Rooney is finished “.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how he gets on with McGinn in the team, remember Rooney has only started scoring regularly since McGinn has returned and it wasn’t that long ago a lot of people were posting on here that “Rooney is finished “.
    ^^^agree
    Stevie May will be a very good player for us when the likes of McGinn are linking up with him. I certainly wouldn't be writing him off.

Our best striker since Scotty Booth.

Every time I've seen him play this season he's been excellent.

He'd be even better is someone would give him the ball at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Our best striker since Scotty Booth.

Every time I've seen him play this season he's been excellent.

He'd be even better is someone would give him the ball at the right time.
    Really??

I fail to see what he brings to the team. Not been impressed at all any time I've seen him. Looks a shadow of the player that was at St Johnstone.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Really??

I fail to see what he brings to the team. Not been impressed at all any time I've seen him. Looks a shadow of the player that was at St Johnstone.

Maybe that's because St Johnstone players actually passed him the ball though?

He was getting visibly angrier every time he made a decent run on Saturday and the ball was passed sideways/backwards/to a Hibs player.

St Johnstone knew that their best chance to score was to get the ball into midfield, look up and try to find May's run with a ball over the top. We seem to have no interest in that tactic, which in turn doesn't suit his main strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Maybe that's because St Johnstone players actually passed him the ball though?

He was getting visibly angrier every time he made a decent run on Saturday and the ball was passed sideways/backwards/to a Hibs player.

St Johnstone knew that their best chance to score was to get the ball into midfield, look up and try to find May's run with a ball over the top. We seem to have no interest in that tactic, which in turn doesn't suit his main strengths.
    Another player McInnes maybe doesn't know what to do with. When you see Rooney running about the entire opposition half and blowing out his arse...that's what he wants May to do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast