+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matej Vydra

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Martin will never fit with Rowetts style of play Don't forget when Rowett took over Martin was still at Fulham Pretty sure he was not in his plans only because Rush gave him a three year contract that he's still I agree cash in but can't see many takers to pay the money he's on Its wrong to say he needs a partner up front he doesn't he always played for us as the loan striker
    I think he can do a job for us. Maybe we have found a way to play away and need a different approach at home with him and another up front .as I said we are usually quite solid with Russell Lawrence working hard defensively in a 442 or 4411. I know he was in theory a lone striker but ince was always near and criticised for his lack of tracking back and Bryson and Hendrick chipped in notably in support.The main thing is he needs players close to him when he receives the ball with his back to goal

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Great servant of the club’? Not for me.
    Two very good seasons and a very good signing, but for the last fif**** months he’s been either an embarrassment (behaviour at Fulham) or an expensive non achieving luxury.
    Questionable attitude too, according to some.
    Doubtful there are any ‘great club servants’ left in the top two divisions and Martin certainly isn’t one imo.
    Tricky would be very happy to see this. He's been on Martin's case for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Top scorer, hasnt put a foot wrong, yet is always first one dropped. Disgraceful really.

GET HIM ON THE F*****G PITCH, ROWETT.
    Quite a few times lately he has been subbed and with Martin on the pitch we have improved. Martin is unique in our 4 strikers in that you have to look at not just what he does for himself but how he enables others to have more impact. Sadly Lawrence blew the gilt-edged chance Martin set up for him today.

Serious question lads I'm not sure of the answer Has Vydra ever completion 90 minutes for us

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Tricky would be very happy to see this. He's been on Martin's case for ages.
    Oh dear...I must be wrong then!
    I’m not ‘on his case’...inclined to agree with mista. Just saying that two very good seasons does not make him a great club servant.
    Cost the club a great deal for very little recently imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Top scorer, hasnt put a foot wrong, yet is always first one dropped. Disgraceful really.

GET HIM ON THE F*****G PITCH, ROWETT.
    Agree entirely, what does the bloke need to do to get a chance. The game seemed to be crying out for him yesterday yet we persist with what is on the field and then put Martin on ! admittedly he scored but how many could Vydra have given us if he was brought on at HT???..................................AND WHERE IS SHACKELL , when we needed him?

It's not Martin's fault, he is what he is. He doesn't have the pace to run through defences, or lay a ball off then dart into the 6 yard box to tap in the return, so unless midfielders are happy to run in behind (ala Steve Mac days) then he wont score as many. But you have to be blind if you can't see what he brings to the team, and Rowett seems to be using him for the best periods.

I don't question his attitude, he seems to be coping very well considering he isn't starting games. He could have come on the pitch, and played selfishly trying to hopelessly shoot from everywhere to get himself goals - yet still comes on and plays for the team without bitching or moping around.

Vydra? He'll get his chance again, but he's got to make the most of it. I think the mistake was playing Nugent from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomeram View Post
    Agree entirely, what does the bloke need to do to get a chance. The game seemed to be crying out for him yesterday yet we persist with what is on the field and then put Martin on ! admittedly he scored but how many could Vydra have given us if he was brought on at HT???..................................AND WHERE IS SHACKELL , when we needed him?
    Vydra had a calf strain. Shackell? What is he good for? One half decent season since his return...Burnley must be laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    . Shackell? What is he good for? One half decent season since his return...Burnley must be laughing.
    Looks like he's got you shackled into paying him wages for some time yet.

Correction: Maybe I should say us, rather than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Looks like he's got you shackled into paying him wages for some time yet.

Correction: Maybe I should say us, rather than you.
    Hmm, looks like someone needs to make a decision in the January window....................Play or sell, surely there would be plenty of interest from Championship clubs?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)