+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you take 40 points now?

Would you take 40 points now?

Well, it's been an incredible start for us - 19 points from 11 games, 1.73 points per game.
    If we continue at this rate we would end up on 66 points.

But, if you were offered that we would end up with 40 points, and safety, would you take it now?

This would mean getting a further 21 points from 27 games, an average of 0.78 points per game.

I would say no, let's see what we can achieve.

Good Question.

I'd say NO also 59_60.

Besides I'm looking forward to the January Window to see if we can improve our team even more

.... .. .. .

Definitely Not

pas pour moi

if the 40 points would assure us of another year in the PL.....then i'd say yes - also it would mean I could sit back and relax in the full knowledge that we were safe - and that if S.D left us at some point during the season - it wouldn't matter - also if other teams got their act together - and we were left wanting - it also wouldn't matter....and lastly - if something were to happen to our defence or Pope....then we wouldn't be screwed.

No certainly not, just a point a game from now on, which is borderline relegation form, would give us 46 points, so if we can't get more than 40 points after this start we don't deserve to be in this division anyway.

If Dyche stays...No
    If he goes ... Without boubt.
    As for now Maybe !
    Last edited by Turfmoorspirit; 05-11-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Unsworth may well have kept Dyche at Burnley

With Dyche ...50 plus
    without Dyche ... Happy to avoid relegation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)