+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Takeover

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That SB cudda been reyt after all. And we all sed he wo talking bollox.
    Not all SB , a few tweaks and invest in Academy is what I expected , but not much changing really .

He’s definitely not one for spending on the first team much haha

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That SB cudda been reyt after all. And we all sed he wo talking bollox.
    Well that maybe the case and so fair play to you , we don't know officially but reading between the lines I'm not so enthusiastic as I was by any means .

Now what ?

Somebody needs to own the club , could all the interest surrounding the sale have attracted any other potential investors who may step in should this deal collapse ?

To tell the truth I'm getting to the stage where I don't care anyway , what will happen will happen .

More to life than the comings and goings down there and the older I get the less important the club become in the grand scheme of things .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    This is a rumour and only that as far as I'm concerned, BMBC fine with it all , The American and Chinese man are in discussions to resolve the share of the deal ? Mr Conway wants to have more say than Mesta Lee , Mr Conway reluctant to give info on his wealth ? ( carnt blame him ) Mesta Lee wants openuness , stalemate ? This needs resolving one way or the other , possibly why form has dipped and fans fratching ? As I said it's a rumour just now ?
    I have heard the same Roma but only about BMBC that they are fine with it all, as for Conway and Lee Ive heard nowt through my contacts but if the rumors right why don't they have a fight on't Queens ground al owd coits.

It's in yer blood Animal, under your skin..Even the years of Hill and Daft Lad couldn't cure me !

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    It's in yer blood Animal, under your skin..Even the years of Hill and Daft Lad couldn't cure me !
    No mate not as much as it once was , not necessarily BFC but football in general too .

Really done me what's happened at the club since January , taken the fans for mugs which is what many of us are if the truth be told .

Hecky's team got my mojo back , had me excited about the future and I find it hard to accept that a team sitting in 7th position and a point outside the play offs could do what the club did .

Never really forgiven em for it mate to be honest , it didn't matter if we failed just as long as we had a go and that really pyssed me off .

That's just it though Animal. Football in general played a massive part in dictating what our players chose to do. Tha can easily blame the club not doing this or not doing that but that's the easy option in my opinion.

Looking further into it I reckon the whole concept is wrong where football's concerned. The club has been victims of its own success as well as the money involved in the modern game. My bugbear lies with the modern game and not BFC.

Very frustrating I know but to be honest I'm past caring about a situation we can't control. I fell out of love with the game a few years ago. More important things in life. However, it will always be in my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    That's just it though Animal. Football in general played a massive part in dictating what our players chose to do. Tha can easily blame the club not doing this or not doing that but that's the easy option in my opinion.

Looking further into it I reckon the whole concept is wrong where football's concerned. The club has been victims of its own success as well as the money involved in the modern game. My bugbear lies with the modern game and not BFC.

Very frustrating I know but to be honest I'm past caring about a situation we can't control. I fell out of love with the game a few years ago. More important things in life. However, it will always be in my blood.

Went on the record and said they weren't under pressure to sell , kind of felt like they mugged us off mate .

Tha reight mate. PC sed it in that pre season interview. However, it strikes me that the players and agents are the ones in control. They spit dummy art and make it known they want to leave as Winnall did then they seldom stay. This applies to most club's and not just Barnsley.

Bit of a late response Roma Nearly 3 years to tell the truth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12