+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hecky's latest interview

Pass as you well know I've voiced my discontent regarding Hecky for a long time. I feel results haven't been what they should be and was happy to just have a fickle rant now and again. However, results have dipped but performances have fell off a clip. No heart, drive, desire, passion has been evident in the last three matches.

There's sumat not reight. The players just don't look motivated and it's down to Hecky that mate.

Why should we wait until we're propping table up to take action?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Pass as you well know I've voiced my discontent regarding Hecky for a long time. I feel results haven't been what they should be and was happy to just have a fickle rant now and again. However, results have dipped but performances have fell off a clip. No heart, drive, desire, passion has been evident in the last three matches.

There's sumat not reight. The players just don't look motivated and it's down to Hecky that mate.

Why should we wait until we're propping table up to take action?

Steve if we take action it will be absolute certain relegation mate unless Pep fancies dropping city for a job here. I agree it's been very poor recently but things can quickly turn around in this league. Before the international break we were chugging along nicely making steady progress. That deserves as much credit as this bad run deserves criticism

In a way it's a shame we've got Derby this weekend because Hecky's excuses will already be being drafted. Young squad, lower budget etc.

We'll line up 4-5-1 with Brad Potts first name on the team sheet and Moncur playing. If Hecky feels like making a statement he might drop Moncur for Gardner...yes Garner, not Mallan and go like for like, Gardner ffs.

We live in hope

There are probably a boat load of managers around today that are better than Hecky , I wouldn't doubt that for a minute .

The thing is , would they be any good working under this plan ? , I have my doubts myself .

I think that the clubs DNA needs to be inside you to make a good crack at this , which leaves The God Botherer and Disco Beer , not convinced myself , could be wrong but that said there's only one way to find that out , bit of a gamble for me given where we are right now , Hecky's a bit more behind him than them two .

It ain't the HC we need to change it's this feckin plan that needs a tweak and some of that surplus cash thrown at it .

Nigel Pearson wants a few million to spend and a club with ambition , that leaves us short on both accounts .

Fat boy Evans , wouldn't last two minutes unless he's running the whole show , not how we work is it .

The two Lincoln brothers ? , possibly but they'd want a few bob to leave the good number they have at Sincil Bank , two good wages to pay out there .

Some unknown foreign geezer from Portugal or France ?

Another massive gamble to come in midway through a season for me .

Tweak the plan and give Hecky a reight go at this , he's earned it .

I think they'll get it right and sack him eventually. However, knowing Barnsley F.C they'll back Hecky in january and give him until the end of February to see how the new players bed in. Then they'll sack him when it's too late and we're already as good as in league 1.

As if PC will sack Hecky , sack him for what ?

Oh my....Have you heard yourselves?
    Teams go up and teams go down, sometimes your club does well and sometimes it doesn't!
    Yes mistakes have and are being made but there is no guarantee that anybody else would do a better job? The plan has been working and has served us well so far, if it fails and we get relegated then hopefully what we did last time will bring us back and then we go again at trying do better at what we got wrong.
    Nobody has a crystal ball, a few games ago I was thinking we would definately be safe, now I'm thinking it's gonna be a battle to stay up.
    We should ALL be pulling together now the club, the players and the fans! We are Barnsley supporters FFS not that lot down the road who slag off everyone and his dog after 2 defeats because they think they should be winning the Champions league!
    In the immortal words of a TV cook.....Lets be having you, where are you, where are you?????
    I am not defending some of Hecky's team selections or his tactics at times, but in relation to experience the lad is a novice and he will make mistakes and eventually he will realise them and try something different?
    I wouldn't be at all surprised the way this seasons gone so far if we turned Derby over on Saturday!! and when McBurnie gets here in January and hits 20 goals come May and we end up safe the club can re-assess where we are.So come on get behind them and lets get through this blip together.....You Redssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Oh my....Have you heard yourselves?
    Teams go up and teams go down, sometimes your club does well and sometimes it doesn't!
    Yes mistakes have and are being made but there is no guarantee that anybody else would do a better job? The plan has been working and has served us well so far, if it fails and we get relegated then hopefully what we did last time will bring us back and then we go again at trying do better at what we got wrong.
    Nobody has a crystal ball, a few games ago I was thinking we would definately be safe, now I'm thinking it's gonna be a battle to stay up.
    We should ALL be pulling together now the club, the players and the fans! We are Barnsley supporters FFS not that lot down the road who slag off everyone and his dog after 2 defeats because they think they should be winning the Champions league!
    In the immortal words of a TV cook.....Lets be having you, where are you, where are you?????
    I am not defending some of Hecky's team selections or his tactics at times, but in relation to experience the lad is a novice and he will make mistakes and eventually he will realise them and try something different?
    I wouldn't be at all surprised the way this seasons gone so far if we turned Derby over on Saturday!! and when McBurnie gets here in January and hits 20 goals come May and we end up safe the club can re-assess where we are.So come on get behind them and lets get through this blip together.....You Redssssssssss
    That's more like it. But there is a question to be answered - why has a team that was holding its own and showing some fight, in the space of a few games, turned into a team without fight and momentum? I'd like to know what's changed. There's been some tinkering but its the apparent change in mindset that worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Atac View Post
    That's more like it. But there is a question to be answered - why has a team that was holding its own and showing some fight, in the space of a few games, turned into a team without fight and momentum? I'd like to know what's changed. There's been some tinkering but its the apparent change in mindset that worries me.
    I agree with that Atac, why has things changed ? Up to the Cardiff game e ere playing reasonably well , is it the international break ? Is it something more worrying ? Performances of late are shocking , who or what is to blame if any ? Personally I think it's the takeover/or not , something not right down there just now ,

Could be down to youth and inexperience at this level. Games coming thick and fast and a couple of mailings see their heads drop.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast