I was not surprised we lost. 1-0 seems a credible result. It was the way we lost that was poor.

But praise first, we only got that result thanks to the splemdid efforts by our back four. They all deserve the highest marks for their non-stop efforts. They were virtually constantly under pressure, expecially in the second half. They worked their socks off and did not deserve to be on a losing side. Well done the four of you.

So to our midfield. What midfield????? Cooper gifted Rovers goal with a lazy, slack pass. With the natural talent that he has why does he put in so many inept displays? verdict Lazy,lazy and even more lazy. Ainley just could not get into the game, and then unfortunately got injured. Kirk made very little impact, but then 15 minutes from the end suddenly came to life and was making things happen. When are our young graduates going to realise they are supposed to graft for the whole game. Pickering to his credit tried really hard and is not afraid to mix it, but unfortunately he got swamped. I will leave the last one nameless. Wish I could say he had a good game. But in truth he was the worst player on the pitch by a country mile. Constantly passing the ball to Rover players. Frequently getting easily dispossessed, and when he made a pass to one of our players it was mostly a bad choice that put our player under unnecessary pressure. Sorry, but he was awful. None of these players were poor because of the superiority of our opponents. They managed it all on their own.

And so to our forwards. My heart goes out to them. To work really hard for virtually most of the game without even a glimmer of support or any form of service. Must be so maddening.

Now to the worrying bit. Before the game DA said on RS that he was going to field his strongest side. Well if his strongest side is one that has no midfield we really are in the shot. With that team it is so hard to see where we can get another win, and lets face it he is not going to change it now. Lost all confidence in him.

One scary thing I noticed in the second half. Our midfield was playing far too deep and it was allowing Rovers to totally dominate the game. At one point KL at one end of the technical area was urgently telling the players to move out. At the other end of the technical area DA was urging the players to get further back, which was the completely wrong decision.

I am very worried and concerned.