+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowds and McCabes incentive to back Wilder.

Why do some people get so annoyed about others that have a different view on all things McCabe?
    I say thanks to him for backing us by about £6m (and lately £3m) every season....I hope he has a long life

not saying it shouldnt be but 10million for brooks is as much as were likely to get imo and we all know chris will be lucky to get half of that i really think our success at this level has caught everybody by suprise in the boardroom and know it will take major investment in the team to stay in the premier league if we were to get there i agree sbt january could be crucial might never be in this position again but it does seem that were gonna have to sell the boy wonder to get sufficient funds for chris to have a real crack at it utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    He's written that off.
    Whilst I admire your unswerving loyalty to the Fuhrer,I mean Glorious Leader,I mean bloke pulling the strings, you might like to consider where we have been for nigh on 10 years and at who's door the reason lies.
    This "All well and good when it's not your money " guff is just that. Utter guff.
    If you want to play billy big bollox and own a football club,it comes with the turf you stump up.
    Yes,McCabe has subsidised us for years,but only because his utter f u c k wittedness in managerial appointments has neccessitated it!
    He has now been given a golden ticket to make squillions if we get up this year.
    My view is he is too shortsighted to grasp it and game change our likelihood of going straight up. I would even accept him getting about £15m for Brooks as long as he gave EVERY PENNY to Wilder. That would probably get us there!
    Applause for this man! Absolutely spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    seconded
    Thirded!

I see that we’ve already turned down an 8 figure bid for Brooks so SBT’s £15m or more could be on the cards. I wonder how much Chris will see of it if it happens?

he will be lucky if he sees half of it but chris and his backroom team are brilliant most of the time in the transfer market so if it gives us a better chance of a top 6 finish this season or next i have no problem with selling brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Why do some people get so annoyed about others that have a different view on all things McCabe?
    I say thanks to him for backing us by about £6m (and lately £3m) every season....I hope he has a long life
    I also thank him.
    Check out Stockholm syndrome mate.
    I was held by ISIS once and chained to a radiator. Loved Ahmed after 5 years. Funnily enough after getting away he isn't on my Christmas card list this year.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    I also thank him.
    Check out Stockholm syndrome mate.
    I was held by ISIS once and chained to a radiator. Loved Ahmed after 5 years. Funnily enough after getting away he isn't on my Christmas card list this year.
    Glad to know you appreciate him as a Blade SBT.
    It's more like 'better the devil you know' syndrome.
    We won't know if he is as good as I think he is for our club until we get someone much worse or, if we are very lucky,
    much better. Does having more money to burn mean you are a better owner or should it be deeper than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Glad to know you appreciate him as a Blade SBT.
    It's more like 'better the devil you know' syndrome.
    We won't know if he is as good as I think he is for our club until we get someone much worse or, if we are very lucky,
    much better. Does having more money to burn mean you are a better owner or should it be deeper than that?
    If everyone thought like this then nothing in the world would ever be improved. We have candles, they work perfectly well, why do we need electric lights? It's fine that children work in the mines and mills and up chimneys, why do we need to change that?

Always makes me laugh when people cite the 'things could be worse' reason for wanting to stick with the man who's spearheaded the failures of the past ten years.

It's been reported several times that the Princes investment will really kick in once we were in the championship. McCabe has matched the share capital pound for pound up to now, so how come, if it's not been forthcoming yet, it's still all McCabes fault?

The day after some Facebook rumour about HRH selling up, an advisor to him is appointed to the board. Similar rumour mongering when the McCabes left the board. Now they're back, off we go again.
    The Van Winckel appointment looks to be technical, football wise, not someone to facilitate a sale.

Hope I'm wrong but I can't see Wilder getting seven million to spend, even if Brooks goes. (Seen three different itk claims about him. Take your pick between Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham)
    Last edited by Holden_C; 21-12-2017 at 09:17 AM.

SUFC/Children up chimneys analogy. Let's not get carried away eh?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast