+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowds and McCabes incentive to back Wilder.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Glad to know you appreciate him as a Blade SBT.
    It's more like 'better the devil you know' syndrome.
    We won't know if he is as good as I think he is for our club until we get someone much worse or, if we are very lucky,
    much better. Does having more money to burn mean you are a better owner or should it be deeper than that?
    The ultimate judgement is the league position Chips.and this is affected by luck, strategy, investment, entrepreneurial ability and vision among other factors like judgement, PR,drive, commitment and communication.

Just keeping a club in business is hardly unique. How many have gone to the wall? Was that even remotely likely to happen at BDBL?

I know McC polarises opinions but I feel his (the club's) biggest test in recent years is looming.

Will we be excited or disappointed? Will we sieze the opportunity or will we be cautious and considered? (which many will see as disappointing and a failure to grasp the nettle)

A short time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    SUFC/Children up chimneys analogy. Let's not get carried away eh?
    I was deliberately using hyperbole to make a point. I'm sure a man of your obvious intellect is fully aware of that.

The fact remains that 'it could be worse' is a p1ss-poor excuse for sticking with what we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I was deliberately using hyperbole to make a point. I'm sure a man of your obvious intellect is fully aware of that.

The fact remains that 'it could be worse' is a p1ss-poor excuse for sticking with what we've got.
    It was all fine just a few weeks ago. Slating the board, sorry McCabe is easier and less contentious than doubting the manager.

As I said in the post before, where's the additional investment? Add ons received and Brooks sale dont/wouldn't answer that question.

It was all fine just a few weeks ago. Slating the board, sorry McCabe is easier and less contentious than doubting the manager.

As I said in the post before, where's the additional investment? Add ons received and Brooks sale dont/wouldn't answer that question.
    Behave thissen Marvin,tha'll be gerrin called a *um Licker.I'm just suprised King Kev hasn't been blamed for COUTTSY's injury or FLECKY's suspension yet.UTCB

The fact that it was all fine a few weeks ago is why this period, JTW, is being scrutinised so closely now HC and the doubts/anticipation/questions asked are being expressed based on history and experience.

Are you saying it's time for the prince to step up to the plate?

No it wasn't. At no point have I said 'yes, I'm happy with McCabe's continued running of the club'. I'm happy with how Tufty is running things, and disappointed by the recent run in form. I'm also saddened by the injury to Coutts, which has seemingly had a massive impact on the team's performances as a whole. Let me be clear: I want McCabe out. Getting one managerial appointment right hasn't magically wiped the slate clean for me. I'd prefer someone who has a bit more ambition, a bit more gumption, a bit more savvy and lot less spin.

Incidentally, conflating the issues of our first team management and our current stewardship is a bit flawed. They're two separate issues.

Finally, I don't know. If the Prince is proving to be shady, the blame - yet again - has to at least partially be set at McCabe's door, as he and he alone sold half the club to the Prince. It's nothing we as fans had anything to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Behave thissen Marvin,tha'll be gerrin called a *um Licker.I'm just suprised King Kev hasn't been blamed for COUTTSY's injury or FLECKY's suspension yet.UTCB
    As far as I'm aware Rod, the Princes "promotion investment" hasn't arrived. Oddly enough he gets a pass while McCabe still gets pelters for past failures, on a daily basis. (When we were in the top two it calmed down a bit but though.......) .

To use hyperbole, it's akin to someone obsessively spying on their neighbours wife sunbathing topless in her own garden, with binoculars, from behind the upstairs curtains and then calling her a s l ut

It's not the best analogy but quality doesn't appear to be important on here.
    Last edited by Holden_C; 21-12-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    The fact that it was all fine a few weeks ago is why this period, JTW, is being scrutinised so closely now HC and the doubts/anticipation/questions asked are being expressed based on history and experience.

Are you saying it's time for the prince to step up to the plate?

It was much quieter a few weeks ago TT.

We all know about the promised investment in the team. What we don't know is when and how much. McCabe shouldn't take the blame for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    No it wasn't. At no point have I said 'yes, I'm happy with McCabe's continued running of the club'. I'm happy with how Tufty is running things, and disappointed by the recent run in form. I'm also saddened by the injury to Coutts, which has seemingly had a massive impact on the team's performances as a whole. Let me be clear: I want McCabe out. Getting one managerial appointment right hasn't magically wiped the slate clean for me. I'd prefer someone who has a bit more ambition, a bit more gumption, a bit more savvy and lot less spin.

Incidentally, conflating the issues of our first team management and our current stewardship is a bit flawed. They're two separate issues.

Finally, I don't know. If the Prince is proving to be shady, the blame - yet again - has to at least partially be set at McCabe's door, as he and he alone sold half the club to the Prince. It's nothing we as fans had anything to do with.
    No balance there whatsoever. Find him one of these buyers everyone says is out there.

You want him out but have no idea how to solve that. None of us do.

By the way, I didn't say you said you were happy, don't start that. I said it had gone quiet. Which it had. That, is a fact. Now we're back on a daily repeat, like Dave on TV.

It's like some want McCabe to fail.

No balance there whatsoever. Find him one of these buyers everyone says is out there.

You want him out but have no idea how to solve that. None of us do.

By the way, I didn't say you said you were happy, don't start that. I said it had gone quiet. Which it had. That, is a fact. Now we're back on a daily repeat, like Dave on TV.

It's like some want McCabe to fail.
    Aint that the truth Marvin,some i'm convinced have had their fingers crossed for King Kev to mess up and even if he dunt he's gunna get both barrels.I can't believe you aint been called a clapper or thick yet tho.Have a good day BLADES(True or otherwise)men&gals UTCB

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast