+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Borrowing for transfers

Borrowing for transfers

Is that the reason?

A loan secured against the clubs assets

"Shawbrook Bank which provides loans to those unable to borrow from commercial banks. There will be an extra 7.5 per cent penalty interest charge if they fail to meet repayments."

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.c...transfers.html

Does that mean we aren't selling Brooks, or should we sell Brooks to stop the need for a loan? (two loans actually)
    Last edited by blades58; 22-12-2017 at 11:49 AM.

If McCabe and the BRP's credit is that gash they can't get a loan from a mainstream commercial source god help us.
    Bet they haven't tried the Co-op. They don't want the loan back. Free money.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    If McCabe and the BRP's credit is that gash they can't get a loan from a mainstream commercial source god help us.
    Bet they haven't tried the Co-op. They don't want the loan back. Free money.

Without better evidence of these 'loans' then I doubt the validity of this report.

Just re-read my comment and should have just put "crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Without better evidence of these 'loans' then I doubt the validity of this report.

Just re-read my comment and should have just put "crap".
    If you click on the link in the report: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

You can see that there's definitely something to do with the bank mentioned (view the PDFs for both Registration of charges on the 20th December).

However, Shawbrook Bank may well be a legitimate banking facility for business accounts, and there may be nothing of any interest (pun not intended) in this...

This in particular from the Shawbrook site was interesting:

"Working capital to make your funds work harder

Enabling the big steps in business
    Acquisitions, buy-outs, re-structuring. Key events in the history of any business, and almost always dependent on access to funding.

At Shawbrook, we could help provide the capital you need to navigate these events in a more creative and flexible way than you might find elsewhere. That’s because we get to know you and your business before using our expertise and judgment to tailor a solution, rather than simply following a process and ticking boxes.

For many of our customers, that makes all the difference."

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    If you click on the link in the report: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

You can see that there's definitely something to do with the bank mentioned (view the PDFs for both Registration of charges on the 20th December).

However, Shawbrook Bank may well be a legitimate banking facility for business accounts, and there may be nothing of any interest (pun not intended) in this...

This in particular from the Shawbrook site was interesting:

"Working capital to make your funds work harder

Enabling the big steps in business
    Acquisitions, buy-outs, re-structuring. Key events in the history of any business, and almost always dependent on access to funding.

At Shawbrook, we could help provide the capital you need to navigate these events in a more creative and flexible way than you might find elsewhere. That’s because we get to know you and your business before using our expertise and judgment to tailor a solution, rather than simply following a process and ticking boxes.

For many of our customers, that makes all the difference."
    Or from a poster on S2 perhaps could be a way of:

"The documents are quite interesting - one is a charge over cash deposited in a bank account (effectively cash security) and the other appears to be an assignment over transfer contracts. It looks to me like they have agreed some form of securitisation against the total value of transfer fees, which isn’t uncommon given that you typically only get c25% up front. Question is, who could we be selling to warrant setting up such a facility?"

Or as another poster simplifies (if correct of course): "Basically a bridging loan to bring players in on 1 Jan whilst the money for Brooks is being paid to us?"
    Last edited by blades58; 22-12-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Or from a poster on S2 perhaps could be a way of:

"The documents are quite interesting - one is a charge over cash deposited in a bank account (effectively cash security) and the other appears to be an assignment over transfer contracts. It looks to me like they have agreed some form of securitisation against the total value of transfer fees, which isn’t uncommon given that you typically only get c25% up front. Question is, who could we be selling to warrant setting up such a facility?"

Or as another poster simplifies (if correct of course): "Basically a bridging loan to bring players in on 1 Jan whilst the money for Brooks is being paid to us?"
    Hanson or Lavery to Barnsley for £10million is my guess.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Hanson or Lavery to Barnsley for £10million is my guess.UTCB
    Probably as accurate as some of the BS I 've read on some social media platforms Rodders.......��

Still, "crap" might just be the right response?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast