+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT:Just who is in the bigger mess?

OT:Just who is in the bigger mess?

Bexit:Thought it was about time it got another post.

The EU and all the 'experts' seem to have a problem with the UK not having strong goverment. Well let's have a look at their big players,

Germans: Don't have a govt and haven't had for months,
    France: New kid on the block so hasn't had much opportunity to upset anyone. Macron has vowed to take on unions. Bonne chance mon ami with that one.
    Spain: Enough said about their problems.
    Italy: Banks facing crisis. Again. If the Italian ecenomy goes pop it will make the Greek financial problem insignificant. Italy is a basket case.
    Poland: In danger of having it's voting rights taken away because of their ban on Muslim immigrants. Sure they will love that. Don't they know the wishes of the locals mean nothing to Brussels?
    Austria: Just gone into coalition with a far right anti EU party.

I think the countries of the EU make May's goverment look strong and stable (and that takes some doing.) Just get us a far away from that lot as possible.

I suggest a load of dredgers to make the Channel a bit wider.

Where's that LIKE button?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Bexit:Thought it was about time it got another post.

The EU and all the 'experts' seem to have a problem with the UK not having strong goverment. Well let's have a look at their big players,

Germans: Don't have a govt and haven't had for months,
    France: New kid on the block so hasn't had much opportunity to upset anyone. Macron has vowed to take on unions. Bonne chance mon ami with that one.
    Spain: Enough said about their problems.
    Italy: Banks facing crisis. Again. If the Italian ecenomy goes pop it will make the Greek financial problem insignificant. Italy is a basket case.
    Poland: In danger of having it's voting rights taken away because of their ban on Muslim immigrants. Sure they will love that. Don't they know the wishes of the locals mean nothing to Brussels?
    Austria: Just gone into coalition with a far right anti EU party.

I think the countries of the EU make May's goverment look strong and stable (and that takes some doing.) Just get us a far away from that lot as possible.

I suggest a load of dredgers to make the Channel a bit wider.
    Well, it's a good question to ask on the day Forbes voted Britain the best company to do business in during 2018 beating all of those that you mention. I wonder if the BBC will give it a mention given they blame all of our ills on Brexit?

I've thought for a long time that we're better of out of it as IMHO its unsustainable moving forwards. Read an article by the chap who designed the Euro mechanism. He said The EU can't survive another major financial crisis as the Euro was never designed to be used in the way they've used it by breaking and bending the fiscal rules etc so it will be interesting watching them hold together the aforementioned especially as 5 countries have debts bigger than their GDP and 21 have debts larger than the benchmark 60% set in the Maastricht Treaty.

You can do anything with facts and figures. Personally I think it is a disaster we're leaving the union, it will isolate us from the largest trading block in the world, make trade harder and make us economically poorer. The EU guidelines improve standards and ease of trade.

I could show you a graph which shows since the Brexit referendum we are the poorest performing country in the EU in terms of growth. Inflation has just hit 3.1%, its highest level for nearly a decade. Wages are not growing, house prices are stagnating and the pound has weakened. All because of the Brexit vote, we have definitely made ourselves poorer since June 2016. I do hope you are right though and that Brexit is a success, for the sake of the next generation.

I can't speak for other governments, but I can for ours and they are an incompetent mess.

I haven't mentioned any figures 123 if you want to challenge any of my facts about the countries listed please do. I could have added Ireland, Portugal, and Netherlands who also have well documented grave politiical problems (and the other dozen or not mentioned probably)

Freedom of movement is one of the cornerstones of the EU and was a prime reason a lot of us voted leave. I believe FOM is a disaster for the EU and here is my altruistic view of why.

A couple of nights ago I got chatting to the waitress in a restaurant, She was Lithuanian and had trained as a teacher but had come here because she could earn lots more here as a waitress than in Lithuania as a teacher. The population of Lithuania has declined by 20+% in recent years and it's the youth who are leaving which inevitably means their birth rate is dropping. I think Lithuania needs teachers more we need waitresses.
    I heard a radio interview with an Hungarian who had started up a successful IT business but was forced to close because he couldn't keep trained staff as they left for western EU countries usually France because they earned lots more. He himself was moving to Switzerland. I think Hungary needs IT jobs more than France and rich people more than Switzerland.
    This movement of the youngest and brightest from the less well off to the richer states is unsustainable and a disaster for the continent. The inevitable result is the poor will depend more and more on the rich. Fortunately that won't be us.
    I believe the EU is flawed concept and will implode with a financial crisis in Italy that will dwarf the Greek problem my best guess at the catalyst. The further away we are if this happens the better.
    I say Common Market yes European Union no.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 22-12-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)