+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game 22 Your Predictions

Alto:

Look there is no need to study for hours the league table,plus previous results ,I assume thats whats happened. Simply you have no need ! Look you are going to make B T have a few sleepless nights, you know his philosophy of life '' Lets all be together!'' But he is slipping further behind that No 1 spot. Then O C doing all the hard work trembling as he does the results, sweat running down his brow. Then 59- 60 he has had his aces uncovered so long ( word change to protect his innocence.) Poor Alfi, personally I think he has taken up bird watching his mind, must be somewhere up there in the sky. The rest of the gang ? ( ''trying comes to mind )??''
    Look Alto, here is a tip ,close your eyes and just complete the list next time,don't worry be happy! How do you think I have reached up there ? Thats what I do !!

How about adding a 'End of Season Bonus Round'? All participants make a guess now of:
    Final league position
    Total Number of Points
    Goals Scored
    Goals Against

With 10 bonus points awarded to those with the correct guess. Or, have a separate 'Prediction game' just for the end of season standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    How about adding a 'End of Season Bonus Round'? All participants make a guess now of:
    Final league position
    Total Number of Points
    Goals Scored
    Goals Against

With 10 bonus points awarded to those with the correct guess. Or, have a separate 'Prediction game' just for the end of season standing.
    That’s a big ask CM. Are these separate contests?
    How would they be marked? Eg
    End of season place - do you get minus points for every place you are out or just 10 for being correct?
    Total points - as above but for every point out.
    Same for goals

I can see it being very complicated and time consuming to mark. Not saying no but we need to have a few more supporters and ideas for marking suggestions.

Not really. I thought of it as a 'Bonus Round ' at the end. You made the 4 guesses now and got an addition 10 point if your were spot on so if all bang on you would get an additional 40 points. For example if I was to do it now it would look something like:

Final league position: 7th
    Total Points: 54
    Goals Scored:41
    Goals against: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Not really. I thought of it as a 'Bonus Round ' at the end. You made the 4 guesses now and got an addition 10 point if your were spot on so if all bang on you would get an additional 40 points. For example if I was to do it now it would look something like:

Final league position: 7th
    Total Points: 54
    Goals Scored:41
    Goals against: 35
    Oh that’s easy. I assumed wrongly you meant every club.

Let’s see if others like the idea

Final league position: 6th
    Total Points: 66
    Goals Scored:44
    Goals against: 33
    Last edited by CaspertheClaret; 09-01-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)