+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: On Song Kevin Long

On Song Kevin Long

Just my appreciation,of the true grit and determination and no lack of skill either,...For Kevin Long..
    Not just today but for your contribution and determination for the last 6 or 7 years,...You have deserved it!!!
    Long may it continue Kevin..10/10 From me...

LET gave him 9 so well done Kevin. Now the Corker is out of the bottle he may not get put back especially if bids come in for Mee or Tarks
    Now if only he had been on Son last week!

Who was marking Kane last week ?

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Who was marking Kane last week ?
    Well nearly every CB is the league is having trouble marking Mr Kane not just Mr Long if we are honest!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Well nearly every CB is the league is having trouble marking Mr Kane not just Mr Long if we are honest!!
    First game in a new position with a new partner it’s not surprising he was caught out in the first 10 mins by Mr Alli.

its a fair point-

Is this the Kevin Long we had on loan a few years ago and we couldnt quite afford him when it came to his loan ending. If hes getting his chance at last, well done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Is this the Kevin Long we had on loan a few years ago and we couldnt quite afford him when it came to his loan ending. If hes getting his chance at last, well done to him.
    The one and same Acido...

Attachment 7753

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Glad he stayed from the look of him, though for many months / years I wondered who the Kevin Long posting on the clubs twitter message Board was as I’d never seen him play or on the bench. We also had a Chris Long who was equally evasive, but that’s a Long story. Anyway Kevin got four games last year and ended up playing for Ireland on the back of it. When or if we lose Tarks or Mee we know we have a ready made replacement, if he carries on as he has done, especially after recovering from his first q0 mins and the soft penalty. Good he can cover both positions too. Look forward to him getting regular games.

I remember our amazing 2015-16 near relegation and then eventual promotion winning season (we were bottom at the start of December, and we ended up going up in May by winning the play offs lol).
    Kev Long scored an 89th minute winner for us at Oldham and that ended our dreadful run of defeats at the time under Lee Johnson, and then Long went one better in the next match and got himself sent off at Peterbrough lol. I wonder what he remembers about his likeable loan spell with us now.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)