+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 sporting quotes

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Loved Brian's character but he wasn't all he's cracked up to be without Peter IMO
    This.

All the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    This.

All the way.
    I've heard players say, when asked, what was Brian's game plan, they said there wasn't one lol

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    They both needed each other Gaz...a bit like Morecombe and Wise or Laurel & Hardy. I am not sure though if he could have done a job managing England. It’s one thing working with players on a daily basis and really moulding them into what you are looking for and working with a group that you only see a few days before an international. He was too outspoken to take ****e from anybody and that is why he didn’t get the job anyway.
    A bit like Paolo Di Canio then.

I loved that interview he had (think it was Parkinson) with Don Revie lol

Cloughy was an arsehole,end of

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    And he had a red nose Chalky.

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    Is that opinion based purely on your geographical standing chalky?

I think just about everybody knows what he did at Derby and Forest but arguably his best achievement is taking Hartlepool out of the old 4th division. Since the league had been created Hartlepool always seemed to apply for re-election and hardly ever finished above the bottom 4. It was his first job as Manager, he even took a coach drivers license to drive the bus in order to save money!
    Next job was Derby and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Is that opinion based purely on your geographical standing chalky?
    Here's the long answer.... I started going to watch Notts in 79 when my local team Arnold Town played away,I had no allegiance to either of the two bigger clubs so God stepped in and had Notts at home when Arnold was away,God also has a strange sense of humour and decided that Forest should win the European Cup that season and then the season after,I've lived in misery since

Here's the short answer.... Yes

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick View Post
    And he had a red nose Chalky.
    I went into a newsagents once on a non match day that was near the City Ground and Cloughy was behind the counter servering,I've told people this and they think that I was the one that had been drinking but I swear its true

"He didn't see it" w*n*er about the ref against West Brom today giving a penalty to the baggies. Now he knows how the rest of us feel having heard him say the exact same thing on numerous occasions when penalties should have been given against his team.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast