+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 sporting quotes

2017 sporting quotes

I found the following post on a QPR forum which gave me a good laugh
    «*The Millwall fans are addressing Holloway in a way that can only be described as borderline rude*»

It got me thinking of what were your best sporting quotes of 2017.
    Mine was when an England rugby player asked the referee what to do to stop the Italians disrupting the English rucks.
    The reply...I’m the referee not your coach!

Anybody else?

ok..

It was really difficult for us, playing in the midday sun with that three o'clock kick-off!

Whichever teams scores more goals usually wins

To stay in the game, you have to stay in the game

I love these players with two feet!

Alderweireld played really well last year for Tottenham, let's hope he can transfer that form to Spurs this season

You’re on your own out there with ten mates!

That shot is impossible. I saw Yaya Toure do it once

I think Holloway was the bigger man

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    ok..

It was really difficult for us, playing in the midday sun with that three o'clock kick-off!

Whichever teams scores more goals usually wins

To stay in the game, you have to stay in the game

I love these players with two feet!

Alderweireld played really well last year for Tottenham, let's hope he can transfer that form to Spurs this season

You’re on your own out there with ten mates!

That shot is impossible. I saw Yaya Toure do it once

John. There are some gems that probably most of the lads on here know who were behind the quotes... but not me! So my question...who are you quoting?!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    John. There are some gems that probably most of the lads on here know who were behind the quotes... but not me! So my question...who are you quoting?!
    david Beckham, Michael owen, Paul Ince.

Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
    Bobby Charlton

Doping in English football is restricted to lager and baked beans with sausages. After which the players take to the field, belching and farting. English football culture is one of pure, intense competition, and that's why I have always preferred it to Italy.
    Paolo Di Canio

and now for the legendary Brian Clough...

“We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right” – on listening to players' opinions.

'That Seaman is a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking in his mirror, rather than at the ball. You can't keep goal with hair like that” – on facial hair…and ponytales.

"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there" - on long-ball football.

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one" – on his standing.

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes” – on his football tactics.

“The River Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years” – on being the best.

Brian Clough........The original Special One,simply the best

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Brian Clough........The original Special One,simply the best
    he most certainly was, best manager never to get the England job imo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAZsoF-ghw

Loved Brian's character but he wasn't all he's cracked up to be without Peter IMO

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Loved Brian's character but he wasn't all he's cracked up to be without Peter IMO
    They both needed each other Gaz...a bit like Morecombe and Wise or Laurel & Hardy. I am not sure though if he could have done a job managing England. It’s one thing working with players on a daily basis and really moulding them into what you are looking for and working with a group that you only see a few days before an international. He was too outspoken to take ****e from anybody and that is why he didn’t get the job anyway.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast